Specular edit and brown face?

Nap1985

gimp does not have plugins for fo4. For statics, the format is not very critical, but for characters it is critical. Body texture formats: D - nvidea dxt1, N,S - Intel Texture Works bs5. Texture S must have vanilla dimensions, or absolutely all textures must be replaced with hdr. Vanilla textures of the face and hands for some reason initially: face - dxt5, hands - dxt3. But with the right N and S textures, dxt1 can be used. BS7 with hdr body textures also causes a brown face error, so bs7 is contraindicated.

I appreciate the reply, most of that is gibberish to me lol. I didn't change the texture size. And it worked in game, it had the desired look I was going for, except for creating the brown face bug. From what I can decipher you're saying gimp wont work for speculars in fallout 4? Or does it need a specific compression (dxt5?) when exporting?

Edit: I exported as bc5/ati2 (3dc) and it worked.

Edited by Nap1985

I appreciate the reply, most of that is gibberish to me lol. I didn't change the texture size. And it worked in game, it had the desired look I was going for, except for creating the brown face bug. From what I can decipher you're saying gimp wont work for speculars in fallout 4? Or does it need a specific compression (dxt5?) when exporting?

Edit: I exported as bc5/ati2 (3dc) and it worked.

Sorry, I don't know for sure, maybe there is a plug-in for gimp with the intel texture works format. I don't have a plugin for gimp, I didn't have one before. I use potoshop with nvidea and intel texture works plugins. Above, I listed the vanilla fo4 formats for you. Any editor capable of exporting textures to these formats will be ok. nvidea dxt formats are used for D. S and N use intel texture works bs5 format. Edited by South8028