MEC Trooper - Weaponized Base Augments

sethomega

Hey folks, long time Nexus lurker, newish poster. Not sure if anyone else had the same idea I did when we first caught sight of the MEC Troopers outside of their armored suits and only equipped with their thin-framed Base Augment limbs, but honestly, I was hoping there would be some option for applying these uniquely formed soldiers to the battlefield, without loading them down with piles of armor plating and making them the biggest damn target on the battlefield.

What if, due to their relatively slimmer profile, less organic material and mechanically assisted mobility, these Base Augments could be improved to become combat-capable prosthetics for Mec Troopers and allow them to accomplish inhuman feats such as fatigueless sprinting, multi-story leaps, pinpoint-accurate marksmanship and compacting their limbs to convert partial cover into full cover. All at the expense of outright armor plating?

As it stands right now, you're completely unable to field Mec Troopers who are not piloting MEC suits, however I can't help but argue the potential combat benefits of a soldier with all four limbs replaced with pseudo-organic metals, even before adding a larger frame.

Any ideas on whether or not flagging Base Augments for combat duty is possible in the first place, and thereafter, if you are capable of, perhaps, making a second MEC Trooper ability tree?