What I learned playing Fallout 3

jdh3000

I learned that....

-After being alive in a machine for hundreds of years, genius men revert to little girls in an episode of leave it to beaver.

-the only cure for such old men is communist chinese soldiers who don't mind being beat to death by children w/ rolling pins

- leather jackets make you better at hitting things real hard

- radioactive cockroaches are capable of tearing limbs from hapless armored vault security guards

- electricity is still alive and in widespread use in a world where you can no longer flush a toilet

- There are only a few types of books of any value that weren't ruined in the war, but even by reading the same books over and over you can continue to gain proficiency in related skills.

- Aliens have nearly lighter than air bodies

-Aliens don't build their weapons for durability

- any form of holographic note or recording is not only in working condition but most have remained unmoved for decades or centuries.

-Little kids are more advanced and capable than most adults.

- Super Mutants have magical rope that cannot be untied while they are near.

- you can fit a 4 foot crutch into a 2x2x2 box

- miniature garden gnomes have the same mass as their larger counterparts.

- robots are assholes

- deathclaws are bigger assholes (almost makes me miss the talking variety)

-

Super Mutants are epic assholes (especially Fawkes... destiny my knee....)

point taken :)

- that you can heal sever radiation sickness in a few seconds.

- that plasma guns, and vertibirds have been invented, but not cars or bicycles.

- that old men in simulations, like taking on the appearance of little girls.

Quick bit of funny info.

1. Go to vault 112 (where dr.braun is)

2. Gain Entrance to the "Overseer" room. (Wether by cheats or not)

3. "Disable" the pod he(Dr.Braun) is in.

4. "Kill" him

5. "Resurrect" him.

6. Talk to him, and he will have a nice DEEP voice :D

- that you an infinite amount of armor, weapons, ammo, and anything else that you pick up can be stored in a desk drawer, file cabinet, or an small ammo box.

- that if an enemy standing on the edge of a bridge or cliff has had his body blown to the ground below, I can still get every bit of armor, ammo, weapons, and all from right there on the bridge if his head, hand or another body part was left on the bridge. Sometimes the body cannot be found at all, but one piece contains it all. Note too that you can store an infinite amount of gear on said body part and come back for it later.

- that I can master any weapon on the I find, lock pick just about any door, but I cannot open the door and at least try to fly a virtibird.

- that no matter how strong I am, I cannot climb anything. If I cannot walk or just a foot to get to it, it's out of reach.

- that you can talk to someone like dirt, but all you have to do to get back on good terms with them is say something nice.

- that you can kill kids parents and they'll still talk to you.

- that other people just pass through doors without opening them.

that I jump,and have to pull off my headphones when I hear feral s/ghouls approach. I can't stand the sound of their skittering feet. It makes me so jumpy.

that I can put stuff in a mail box for ever.

I slam the door just like the user above me, and they still follow?

Moira brown, is annoying. But yet I love her.

why do the super mutants and glowing ghouls , seem to be able to pass thru things that I can't figure out how to get out of?

why don't all the quests update?

great game, just flaws.. but won't stop playing.

- dead people blink

- Being placed within the middle of the blast of a flame thrower is not an instadeath.

- Gaaaaarryy.....

- My brain doesn't mind doing drugs.

- on the east coast there were only a select few types of ammo that were used.

- You can be a city-nuking, mean slaving, karma devil... and you still have to play nice with the kiddies in order to open a flimsy wooden gate.

And don't forget... no matter how tough you are, no matter how many giant mutants you've taken down, how many times you've been scorched, shot, cut, and beat, you'll still need a comfy mattress to get some sleep; no way you can sleep on the ground.

Also, I can't sleep on anyone elses bed, even if I kill em and take all their possessions; their bed is off limits. That is of course unless it's a raider's bed, then it's ok.

For some reason, even though I gain karma by killing a slaver or some such low life, I may lose karma if I take possessions from his/her domicile, but looting the body is ok.

People carry an extra finger or ear on their corpses.