Difficult, Enduring, & Masochistic Gameplay?

Solitude102

Baloo...the Skyrim Bandages are my secret to his healing... :happy: ....but he has to break out of battle and get himself somewhere safe to apply them...usually up the nearest Boulders or sidle down the side of a Cliff Face where his opponents can't reach him....the Bandages work slower than a Healing Potion, but faster than regen...once he is healed enough then he charges back into battle. A friend slowed the vanilla regen down for me, but it's not completely gone, is worthless enough to keep me happy though... :happy:

The Perma-Death isn't as bad as it sounds, I have only lost him once and had to restart game from the beginning. As I mentioned in my list... "Armor Perk Trees Redone - Light Armor (all about agility for me)"...he very rarely actually takes any damage, very rarely gets hit....in toe to toe battle he circles opponents continuously, stealth rolls to avoid hits, Front Flips, Bow Bashes, etc...is a greased pig... :tongue: ...a real pain in the *ss to catch and pin down... :tongue: ...most battles he comes out of without a scratch...only once or twice has his health dropped below half....it's easy to dodge incoming Arrows and Bolts also, just keep an eye on their Archers, you see where their aiming when they shoot and dodge out of the way.

I have seen that Death Penalty Mod, it's a good alternative to death...if he starts dying more, I would use that mod... :tongue:

Yep, when he runs through Bandit/Giant Camps to stir the pot and get himself a small army, he pretty much does sit back and crack a cold one... :D ....finds himself a safe comfortable posie on the other side and watches the action, pulls out his Bow and just leisurely starts to pick them all off while they battle it out between themselves.... :D

I had a Blood Mod...can't remember the name now, but let it go to take a little pressure off the game...I kinda miss it...A good one though is HeartBreaker...brilliant kill move Mod for a bloody death animation.... :happy:

Funny that I prefer slow sedate play, but when it comes to stand up sword fighting the faster it is the better I seem to do in the survival stakes...odd thing....DCR7 was the best thing that happened to me... :happy:

I don't have a PS3...am going to google the game now, you have me curious... :happy:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCR7 is kinda like SkyRe's Enemy AI module. Enemies get aggressive and intelligent, and being defensive will just lead to your death. LOL. You need to be fast and brutal. Not sure which is better than which, but they're very similar, so I went with SkyRe's module to decrease any possibility of conflicts.

KaneGhost...Wow! that is a terrific setup, i am installing the bandages mod now :thumbsup:

i never thought of that approach before, i always thought i would need bandages if i went with an injuries mod ... but "reduced healing rate" -- and having to craft/purchase them, now that is awesome! (and hunting for linen wraps in dungeons is fun :D)

haha, your character is like super ninja! i would really like to try that build one day ( i hope we never cross paths in the battlefield )

After you mentioned the Heartbreaker mod, i watched the video - awesonme! that calls for an R-rating :tongue:

Here is something of a little interest, other than modding and playing Skyrim - this is my another great, if not better fantasy game, which i like to play when i get the itch!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=23

Edited by baloo42

ChanChan...here is a something that might be of interest, a mod that will boost both your Skyre or Duel combat experience alike

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40491/?

"Revenge of the Enemies"

- this mod promises a lot, and delivers it in bounties ... for one thing, enemy Npc's can now use Unrelenting force against you :smile:

Edited by baloo42

Haha! At this point I'm at the limit of my rig. The only way it's playable is by running Hialgoboost and ENBoost (without any ENB) together. LOL. While the game play is difficult (and can still be raised by going legendary + SkyRE), I'll check that out next time. I already die a lot now. LOL.

EDIT: Hmm, I could probably lower the resolution still (currently at 1280x720, my screen maxes at 1366x768), but that may make it too difficult for archery. I am already not using a crosshair, so lowering the resolution is going to get tricky.

Edited by chanchan05

DCR7 is kinda like SkyRe's Enemy AI module. Enemies get aggressive and intelligent, and being defensive will just lead to your death. LOL. You need to be fast and brutal. Not sure which is better than which, but they're very similar, so I went with SkyRe's module to decrease any possibility of conflicts.

I like SkyRe, tried it once but found I much preferred building my game piece meal over using a complete overhaul. I have found in regards to Offensive/Defensive play for best survival to use both...situation-ally dependent...can never afford to get surrounded, that's suicide... :blink: ....so need to force the opponents to string out and line up (running a lone wolf Dovahkin)...I generally find fights begin playing defensively (Bow/Crossbow), having to back up and fight off the back foot to avoid flankers and forcing all melee NPC's to form a line in front of you and the further you can force them to string out the better, that's when I switch to a combination of Offensive/Defensive, still off the back foot (ensuring never getting surrounded) but relentless and brutal attack on the nearest NPC...(Bow/Crossbow/Sword). As for a singular NPC or groups lined up in tunnels, on bridges, etc... (Sword) yup, completely offensive, brutal.and a whole lot of fun.... :tongue:

KaneGhost...Wow! that is a terrific setup, i am installing the bandages mod now :thumbsup:

i never thought of that approach before, i always thought i would need bandages if i went with an injuries mod ... but "reduced healing rate" -- and having to craft/purchase them, now that is awesome! (and hunting for linen wraps in dungeons is fun :D)

haha, your character is like super ninja! i would really like to try that build one day ( i hope we never cross paths in the battlefield )

After you mentioned the Heartbreaker mod, i watched the video - awesonme! that calls for an R-rating :tongue:

Here is something of a little interest, other than modding and playing Skyrim - this is my another great, if not better fantasy game, which i like to play when i get the itch!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=23

Another Bandages Mod, though the Bandages are not quite as well thought out, is this one 'Living off the Land'...:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34813/?

I reckon it compliments the can't just swig something to heal, skill buff, etc...game play and compliments 'Skyrim Bandages' nicely, due to it's added Honey Recipe for Diseases/Poisons, gotta work at healing that Poison/Disease now.... :happy: ...though I added the 'Better Bee Hives' Mod, makes finding Honeycomb and Honey a whole lot easier. Plus as a Stealth character with a realistic Sneak Mod, the Scent Masks are awesome... :happy: ...and is something I had wanted for a long time. I lost the 'Living off the Land' Mod for a while, just found it again.

lol...super ninja... :D ...I wish... :happy: ...just a slippery mongrel... :tongue: ....I used to play Battlefield with hubby, but then he found ARMA and I lost my Battle buddy....I was 'middling' at the game, always the single shot Shotgun with Buckshot...was my favorite...played very cavalier, my job was supplying Ammo and suicide running to provide cover...LOVED those Claymores... :woot: ....opponents hated them... :D ...was always planting them in nasty spots, nothing was more satisfying than running along and suddenly getting the message that my sneaky Claymores were working perfectly.... :devil:

I haven't seen 'Fantasy Flight' before....used to play a Table Top RPG, 'RIFT' but our GM became a Daddy and the game had to come to an end....then started GM'ing my own Game but the Players had to move House too far away, they have been wanting to play again but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I was looking at 'Revenge of the Enemies' myself, that looks like a brilliant Mod...but is sadly incompatible with my game... :sad: ...My Dovahkin 'Kane' is tweaked, I couldn't make a whole new Race, so just had the Nord Stats tweaked to suit him....He has altered Racial Bonus Skills (more like a Bosmer)...and dumped his Racial Power completely in favor of 'Berserker Rage' as Lesser Power....is bad tempered, literally see's 'red' when he looses his temper.... :happy: ...Now if a only a Mod would come out that would force him to transform into a Werewolf if he takes a certain percentage of damage, could get interesting then if he does the Civil War Quest... :D

Kaneghost... wow, i like how you setup your mods, so that the one contributing towards the other!

You got me hooked on the idea of the bandages mod, and have been since trying it together with the Battle & Fatigue mod, and it's been a blast :smile:

Haha, i might even try that Better Beehives too, i like it a lot better than the AIMP idea xD

i read up on 'Rift', that is one hell-of-a large universe for an RPG! O-o

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Edited by baloo42

Hey Baloo....:-) ....My choice of Mod collection all started out to compliment this Mod...: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12452/?

...and just kind of evolved from and around that..and always looking for Mods that work together cohesively...that being said, my game has been crashing....:-(...haven't had that happen for a long time, I think too many script Mods running...I added a few to try out lately... overload...:-(...oh well, back the drawing board.

What's the AIMP idea?

RIFT is excellent for the fact that it caters to so many people in one game...:-)...both Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans, can let your imagination really run wild and combine everything.

Merry Christmas to you too...:-)

Edited by KanesGhost

Woah, that Sand of Time looks like a blast! especially from the sound of all the user feedback

Lol, my game is always crashing, and just like this other Nexus member mentioned ...

... just when i have my Skyrim crash-free, i can't resist adding more mods, until ... you guessed it ... "CTD"

Another person mentioned that this is the Skyrim experience!

After all, what good is the Pot o'Gold at the end of the rainbow, if we didn't have to climb a hill to get there :-)

AIMP - Ants in my Pants (haha, i think i would rather have bee-hives, than ants scurrying all over the place - it's amazing what levels of detail some modders come up with!)

RIFT looks really fascinating - i was DM for my friends Dungeons&Dragons group back in the day (but i never took it to the depths of exploring the lore of the Forgotten Realms - we just did it for a laughs&kicks mostly! best times of my life!!!!)