The 5651rst Requiem, SkyRE, and questions thread

itsthecrazydude

I do have to say, ESRO does add a lot to SkyRe, but it just makes it feel more like "Every enemy is GOD" I made an install absed around the two of them, and it took me two hours to kill the first dragon I encountered. lol Requiem is not about just making the game hard as hell. If you do want hard as hell, SkyRe + ESRO maximum difficulty options + Locational Damage on legendary difficult is probably the single most insanely difficult mod set up imaginable, but having to spend 20 minutes to kill two bandits is just not my idea of what "enjoyable hard" should be. =[ Requiem is hard, but 90% of battles are over in seconds, so even if you do a dozen times, it's not tedious. Better two die and have to repeat 30 seconds a dozen times then die and repeat 30 minutes 4-5 times! XD Just my opinion though

Oh god, never mention locational damage again. Last time I used that mod, my arms broke in 2 seconds and then I received head trauma and died. It even kills you in God-mode because of it's scripts. Hostile NPC's don't aim for body parts when they attack so you just receive random afflictions after a certain amount of hits. It's mainly for the player and when it does work, it is unbalanced.

ERSO can be a little tricky to get it the way you want...Never pick the insane option else you will never be able to play the game fairly, just choose what suits you OTHER than the last option because I believe the minimum level is 30 or something from the start. I think Requiem is great but decide not to use it because of compatibility issues. It isn't TOO much of a problem thanks to my knowledge of TES5Edit but it can be a hassle for larger mods.

SkyRe is good but it has problems. Unfortunately the mod author is on hiatus, possibly not modding anymore so the users are trying to fix it which is why there are so many SkyRe patches available for download. I believe Requiem might still be updating so there is that to consider.

Also if you use all of SkyRe's modules (which I do not recommend) then you should learn how to merge them with TES5Edit. Reduced load order and around the same stability, unless you do something wrong...

And there is also SPERG to consider...though I have never actually used it myself. Hell, there are mods that change perks like crazy but never get noticed, usually because there focus on a certain group (Warrior, Thief, Mage...) Even ERSO has it's own perk system if you really want to try it.

Download Alternate Start and try each of these mods out one by one, nothing crazy just play around for about 20 minutes or so and see what fits you.

Oh and I recommend "Survivalist Ingenuity" a fully compatible and customizable experience by a mod author who's name escapes me yet again. This was not advertisement by the way lol.

Oh and btw, please for the love of God do not use ASIS. It doesn't work well anymore and hasn't been updated in some time.

****As for my WIP follower mod...well have you ever seen the Skyrim GameJam video? In it there was a part where the player pays the hired follower to go get stronger or whatever. I will build off that by making it so that you actually feel like they deserve to get stronger. They level up differently from you depending on the level and if you want to speed things up,, give them gold and they will actually go off and train for a day. More gold for more dangerous places and there is a chance they will die in there and never come back, in which case the courier will deliver a letter to you telling you when and where they died and you will receive the gold you gave them as compensation money. You have to buy a horse for your follower because they aren't going to chase you up a mountain. You can change their armor as usual but for learning spells it requires the spell tome, some gold, and time. If they do not have perks invested in magic, it will take more time. If you want to change their fighting style, it takes alot of time and gold.

If it is a hired mercenary it will require gold, but if you have a good relationship status with them, they will charge less or even not at all. Followers are mortal too and once they are in last stand, you must help them back on their feet. If you do not, they will die. They will be able to do the same for you too. So essentially, once you and your follower fall in battle then it's game over and you load another save and what not. You can earn more follower slots by doing quest. So you have to earn the good stuff.

There is alot I did not mention but I do not want to spoil it all...even though I leaked many of the features lol. Sorry for going off on a tangent but that's what will be coming soon hopefully within a month.****

Edited by DemongelRex

I've been looking for some mods... Now that we're talking about mods to use with skyRE, and I've got your attention, do you know if any of these exist?

A mod that adds large battles of forsworn, imperials and stormcloaks. Something to replace Warzones CIVIL unrest, which is unplayable ATM.

A mod that replaces the "Downed" npc animation (When an essential is "killed") by an Incapacitated or unconscious state. In a "dead" ragdoll position on the ground, but after a bit, said NPC rises back up.

A mod that only allows you to craft something if you obtain recipes.

A mod that makes the slow time shout as slow as the "Master of time and space" slow time spell.

A mod that makes NPCs in town non-hostile. I don't want to see a whole town running after a thief in riften, and such.

I'd be grateful if any of you could give exemples of such mods, thanks :P

I've never had a problem using ASIS for perks, potions and spells alongside SkyRe and in fact find the combination on Master a great challenge even after level 50 (provided you don't godmode yourself and give 10 perks/level with the Uncapper or something ridiculous).

I genuinely hate it when people call SkyRe 'easy'. It certainly has a gentler learning curve than Requiem, but it's only easy in the general sense if you want it to be.

And there aren't any 'problems' with it. The creator isn't updating it because he considers this version final. Modders aren't trying to 'fix it' other than maybe to make it compatible with this mod or that, but that's doubly true of Requiem.

Personally I find that the biggest difference is something mentioned on the last page. Requiem is all about doing whatever it takes to survive the challenges the game/mod throws at you, while SkyRe is all about giving you the freedom to not only play how you want, but to challenge yourself in different ways depending on the character you build.

I've never had any of those problems with ASIS or Locational Damage. :blink: They are both very stable, high quality mods that go amazingly with Requiem and SkyRe. if you installed them wrong, or simply didn't like the mod itself, that is no reason to suggest people avoid them. Locational Damage makes the game a lot harder, there is no denying that, but it works very well, I have heard some reports of errors like you described, but this is usually caused by mod conflict or a it being installed on top of a TON of other other SUPER script heavy mods, which is just a bad idea... if you install it into a stable install of skyrim with minimal scripts running, it works flawlessly. Also, I'm not even sure where you are getting that idea regarding ASIS, it may not be updated very often, but is still very stable and works very well, and again, only messes up if installed into a very chaotic, script heavy install of skyrim anyways, in these cases it's not the mod that is messing the game up, but the game that is messing the mod up, and that is no reason to suggest people to avoid extreme high quality mods. ^_^

Also, the "unbalanced" aspect of Locational Damage can be EASILY fixed by removing the crosshair with. iHUD Also, I get nailed in the head with arrows pretty often without the NPCs "trying" to, if every NPC in the game AIMED at your head, LD would be totally unplayable, because everything in the game would one hit kill you, because NPCs can be programmed to be FAR better at aiming then a PC could ever be. Just play any random shooter on insane difficulty, every enemy you come across shoots you in the head and one shot kills you.

The point of LD is so that when you do manage to nail an enemy in the head, they don't just keep running at you with an arrow jutting out of their face, something I find dishearteningly unrealistic.

I've never had any of those problems with ASIS or Locational Damage. :blink: They are both very stable, high quality mods that go amazingly with Requiem and SkyRe. if you installed them wrong, or simply didn't like the mod itself, that is no reason to suggest people avoid them. Locational Damage makes the game a lot harder, there is no denying that, but it works very well, I have heard some reports of errors like you described, but this is usually caused by mod conflict or a it being installed on top of a TON of other other SUPER script heavy mods, which is just a bad idea... if you install it into a stable install of skyrim with minimal scripts running, it works flawlessly. Also, I'm not even sure where you are getting that idea regarding ASIS, it may not be updated very often, but is still very stable and works very well, and again, only messes up if installed into a very chaotic, script heavy install of skyrim anyways, in these cases it's not the mod that is messing the game up, but the game that is messing the mod up, and that is no reason to suggest people to avoid extreme high quality mods. ^_^

Also, the "unbalanced" aspect of Locational Damage can be EASILY fixed by removing the crosshair with. iHUD Also, I get nailed in the head with arrows pretty often without the NPCs "trying" to, if every NPC in the game AIMED at your head, LD would be totally unplayable, because everything in the game would one hit kill you, because NPCs can be programmed to be FAR better at aiming then a PC could ever be. Just play any random shooter on insane difficulty, every enemy you come across shoots you in the head and one shot kills you.

The point of LD is so that when you do manage to nail an enemy in the head, they don't just keep running at you with an arrow jutting out of their face, something I find dishearteningly unrealistic.

I agree with the fact that they are very well made mods. What I was implying is that there are other mods that accomplish what ASIS does a generally remains stable after hours of gameplay. Unfortunately back in the day when I used about 80 mods including SkyRe and ASIS, I had issues with spawns themselves; they would either spawn and there would be a lot of them, or they didn't spawn at all which was weird. I settled for adding more encounter zones and more NPC's until I discovered UDE.

Concerning LD... two words: custom animations. The havok was different because the body moved different and attacked differently so I could never land a location bonus. This was when I used PCEA. Also, it was weird but when I loaded a save game, I would just die after 2 seconds. I know the fix was to enable immortal mode and even then, my character stayed in the "death cam" state so I couldn't see what I was doing at all. Unfortunately the mod caused more problems for me then it was worth but I found worthy alternatives. Also I never use script heavy mods at the same time anymore such as footprints and PTAI. I stopped using wet and cold until it was more stable.

I've never had a problem using ASIS for perks, potions and spells alongside SkyRe and in fact find the combination on Master a great challenge even after level 50 (provided you don't godmode yourself and give 10 perks/level with the Uncapper or something ridiculous).

I genuinely hate it when people call SkyRe 'easy'. It certainly has a gentler learning curve than Requiem, but it's only easy in the general sense if you want it to be.

And there aren't any 'problems' with it. The creator isn't updating it because he considers this version final. Modders aren't trying to 'fix it' other than maybe to make it compatible with this mod or that, but that's doubly true of Requiem.

I assume you are talking about SkyRe. When I said problems, I meant bugs. The author has realized this and has even linked to other mods that address it or tweak it in some way. There are other issues that need to be addressed, many people say so on the forum. However, I still use SkyRe as it is an excellent mod and adds a lot to the game.

I've been looking for some mods... Now that we're talking about mods to use with skyRE, and I've got your attention, do you know if any of these exist?

A mod that adds large battles of forsworn, imperials and stormcloaks. Something to replace Warzones CIVIL unrest, which is unplayable ATM.

A mod that replaces the "Downed" npc animation (When an essential is "killed") by an Incapacitated or unconscious state. In a "dead" ragdoll position on the ground, but after a bit, said NPC rises back up.

A mod that makes the slow time shout as slow as the "Master of time and space" slow time spell.

A mod that makes NPCs in town non-hostile. I don't want to see a whole town running after a thief in riften, and such.

I'd be grateful if any of you could give exemples of such mods, thanks :tongue:

http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/16.jpg

1. Civil War Overhaul + Immersive Patrols

2. Death Alternative: Your money or your life does something like this. Also look at Essential Player. Sneak Tools also has a knockout option.

3. I'm not sure if lorecraft did this or not, I am unsure if any other mod might have done this.

4. I do not think there is one because I believe that can be done manually without making another small esp.

5. Try NPC Overhaul, When vampires attack, and Run for your lives. Usually saves a few morons for NPC's from death lol

Edited by DemongelRex

I agree with the fact that they are very well made mods. What I was implying is that there are other mods that accomplish what ASIS does a generally remains stable after hours of gameplay. Unfortunately back in the day when I used about 80 mods including SkyRe and ASIS, I had issues with spawns themselves; they would either spawn and there would be a lot of them, or they didn't spawn at all which was weird. I settled for adding more encounter zones and more NPC's until I discovered UDE.

Concerning LD... two words: custom animations. The havok was different because the body moved different and attacked differently so I could never land a location bonus. This was when I used PCEA. Also, it was weird but when I loaded a save game, I would just die after 2 seconds. I know the fix was to enable immortal mode and even then, my character stayed in the "death cam" state so I couldn't see what I was doing at all. Unfortunately the mod caused more problems for me then it was worth but I found worthy alternatives. Also I never use script heavy mods at the same time anymore such as footprints and PTAI. I stopped using wet and cold until it was more stable.

I assume you are talking about SkyRe. When I said problems, I meant bugs. The author has realized this and has even linked to other mods that address it or tweak it in some way. There are other issues that need to be addressed, many people say so on the forum. However, I still use SkyRe as it is an excellent mod and adds a lot to the game.

I'd be grateful if any of you could give exemples of such mods, thanks :tongue:

1. Civil War Overhaul + Immersive Patrols

2. Death Alternative: Your money or your life does something like this. Also look at Essential Player. Sneak Tools also has a knockout option.

3. I'm not sure if lorecraft did this or not, I am unsure if any other mod might have done this.

4. I do not think there is one because I believe that can be done manually without making another small esp.

5. Try NPC Overhaul, When vampires attack, and Run for your lives. Usually saves a few morons for NPC's from death lol

Well, that is a mod conflict and has nothing to do with the mod itself, and is not a reason to suggest other users to avoid it. it is a very stable mod, and I use animation replacers as well and never have any problems with it. ^_^

Also, if you don't use WryeBash to make a bashed patch with ASIS and any other leveled list mods, you will get a lot of spawn problems! I personally don't blame you for swapping though, as I personally gave up on ASIS do to the "wonkiness" of it's spawns some time ago... The fact that mathematically the ratio of "5 additional spawns" should come out to about 1/250, and yet I get 5 additional spawns about 1/5th of the time, and even with the other 4 options, which all got an even split of happening 1/5th of the time regardless of the options I picked, just made about half of it's options feel like useless ways of making it feel customizable when it's not. With mods like Requiem, spawning 5 additional anything is instant death. XD

Personally I prefer Sky-Re. I used Reqiuem but it was really unbalanced. Skyrim is a game about freedom and Reqiuem was just too restrictive for my tastes (playing a battlemage or magic knight at the early levels was impossible, and even with perks it wasn't that much fun because you still had some harsh restrictions). Not to mention it has a soft incompatibility with Interesting NPCs (They didn't have the proper perks resulting in them not having the proper power levels). I LOVED the added Immersion changes, but the balancing issues made it difficult for me to enjoy the mod.

Sky-Re is compatible with a lot of mods. I use Sky-Re and add a bunch of immersion mods to my load order.

That'll be my take on it, @calfurius.

So far, I don't see any requiem feature you can't mimic with mods that give better features.

Skyrim Unleashed is an interesting mod that does most of the things I wanted, and I will look for more. Just have to find mods that add the hardcore to skyRE, to mimic requiem's difficulty (Or at least try)

@DemongelRex

I dunno how to mod, so I can't make that ESP I think. Well, I might try /shrug

Also, for the second mod. I meant a replacer for the animation or state NPC's are in when downed. Tired of seeing a follower just fall on their knees and continue to be beat brutally while apparently indifferent. It would be a lot more immersive to have a animation replacer that makes npc's just go unconscious.

Thanks for the listing mate.

Edited by itsthecrazydude

Alright. I have SkyRe and all my other mods set up. Thanks for all the help!

P.S. If you have any mods you'd like to suggest, perhaps some interesting ones that haven't gotten many attention, or some that make the game less monotonous (Not that it is by default, it's just that I like diversity and a dynamic world to explore) Please don't be reticent to post :P