Scripting Combat Dialogue

itsazoefish

So I'm making a companion mod where two npcs act as one follower. As such, they have conversations with each other randomly.

I've figured out how to script this normally - my idle chatter dialogue is a special conversation topic linking to follow-up topics, because IdleChatter doesn't link very well. The script is loosely based on Cass' reaction barks, and is forced with a script that runs on a timer. It works great, but all of their conversation is managed through a script.

I'm now trying to do the same thing with combat, because the built-in Combat tab topics do not link to follow-up topics at all. I have a separate Conversation topic for detection and combat situations, scripted to run with fewer restrictions. However, in choosing my dialogue conditions I am having a lot of trouble getting the same outcome as the Combat tab defaults.

For example:

- In the Combat tab one of the options is "Avoid Threat" - what conditions would I choose? I'm trying "Get Is Alerted" and "Get Is Alarmed" but I don't think either is quite what "Avoid Threat" uses.

Is there a script somewhere relating to the general combat dialogue setup? I want to find one so that I can look at the conditions they use. But also, if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations I would like those too. :)

Disclaimer: This is my first time modding and it's totally possible that I'm missing something obvious.