why am i missing stuff in my nif exporter

greekrage

trying desperately to export collision (to nifs) with various tutorials but today i noticed in one vid that a certain box was checked that i have greyed out .

Im using the version of exporting seen in the pic and max is 2014

8kwRod.jpg

If you have max 2014 then you can use the bgs exporter that comes with ck. It works with 3ds 2013 and 2014 too. With bgs exporter you can do much more for fo4.

do i have to remove the other plugin before installing ?

Also it goes and creates a new folder under 2013 (also warns me about not finding 2013 when installing).

I went and directed to that folder from 3dsmax as the readme suggests but i still dont see it...

Question is there any way to find the collision group utility ?

edit...

Kinggath in his tutorial also mention that we need to use the gambryo and not netimmerse to export...but i dont have the gambryo option...

Edited by greekrage

If you have max 2014 then you can use the bgs exporter that comes with ck. It works with 3ds 2013 and 2014 too. With bgs exporter you can do much more for fo4.

Also it goes and creates a new folder under 2013 (also warns me about not finding 2013 when installing).

I went and directed to that folder from 3dsmax as the readme suggests but i still dont see it...

edit...

Kinggath in his tutorial also mention that we need to use the gambryo and not netimmerse to export...but i dont have the gambryo option...

There are no custom plugins that support collision. People tried to make them, but I read in the comments that collisions don't work. I'll ask the guy at ll tomorrow who has 3ds 2014 with bgs exporter about how he installed it. I have 3ds 2013 so I don't know how to do it. I dont know if he will answer me tomorrow, or when he reads my question in PM. The bgs exporter has all the tools to create all types of collisions. Also, there is a gamebryo animation manager. In addition to the bgs exporter, you may need a nif importer. It is in the f4ak package on the nexus (I have already written about it many times). Also, for the bgs nif exporter to work properly, you will then need dds fixes and set up shaders in 3ds.

edit...

There are no custom plugins that support collision. People tried to make them, but I read in the comments that collisions don't work. I'll ask the guy at ll tomorrow who has 3ds 2014 with bgs exporter about how he installed it. I have 3ds 2013 so I don't know how to do it. I dont know if he will answer me tomorrow, or when he reads my question in PM. The bgs exporter has all the tools to create all types of collisions. Also, there is a gamebryo animation manager. In addition to the bgs exporter, you may need a nif importer. It is in the f4ak package on the nexus (I have already written about it many times). Also, for the bgs nif exporter to work properly, you will then need dds fixes and set up shaders in 3ds.

thanks for taking the time...

So far ive been doing it the hard way by making scols with imported models using the CK objects for collision and them making them invisible in nifskope... but i feel i can do so much more if i could have proper collision..

Im also aware of the fact that collision generation in 3ds needs materials to be assigned first. I think my issue is the plugin not having "collision: selected in the export and maybe the version of nif exporter im using....(though i did see another tutorial that used the netimmerse plugin... and had the collision box active but it was the 3.7.0.2 version exporter and im using the 3.8.0.0

Edited by greekrage

edit...

So far ive been doing it the hard way by making scols with imported models using the CK objects for collision and them making them invisible in nifskope... but i feel i can do so much more if i could have proper collision..

Im also aware of the fact that collision generation in 3ds needs materials to be assigned first. I think my issue is the plugin not having "collision: selected in the export and maybe the version of nif exporter im using....(though i did see another tutorial that used the netimmerse plugin... and had the collision box active but it was the 3.7.0.2 version exporter and im using the 3.8.0.0

yes, i'll text you when i contact this guy with 3ds 2014. The bottom line is that without bgs exporter you can't do anything but clothes. With later versions, you can animate bones in havok with hct2014, but static is closed to you. I came across a nif plugin even for 3ds 2021. But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere.

edit...

yes, i'll text you when i contact this guy with 3ds 2014. The bottom line is that without bgs exporter you can't do anything but clothes. With later versions, you can animate bones in havok with hct2014, but static is closed to you. I came across a nif plugin even for 3ds 2021. But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere.

"But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere."...... I think i just died.... :P

edit...

"But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere."...... I think i just died.... :P
I wrote to him. He says that he unpacked the exe and threw all the files into 3ds 2014.When you run the auto-installer, does it install the files somewhere, into the 3ds max 2013 created folder, or does it not install at all?

edit...

"But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere."...... I think i just died.... :tongue:
I wrote to him. He says that he unpacked the exe and threw all the files into 3ds 2014.When you run the auto-installer, does it install the files somewhere, into the 3ds max 2013 created folder, or does it not install at all?

it installs in a new folder it creates (2013 )

edit...

"But people wrote that collisions are dead everywhere."...... I think i just died.... :tongue:

it installs in a new folder it creates (2013 )
From this folder, you need to transfer all the unpacked files to the same places only in your 3ds 2014.