Create your own HUD design today!

Xilandro

Do you ever wanted to change your HUD, but Fallout engine makes you angry, and XML tweaking is just not enough?

Now you can change everything, all you need - little bit of creativity and image editor.

Create your own HUD mockup, post it here, and i will do the rest. Every single mockup will be converted into working Fallout HUD and released as optional template for HUD redo mod. Mockup authors will be credited and commented as coauthors of HUD redo mod.

Example of HUD mockup

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4286/8oas.jpg

HUD elements list:

• Ammo
  • Clips\Mags
  • Ammo type
  • Single\Burst\Auto icon
  • Equipped weapon icon (optional)
  • Weapon condition meter (can be merged with weapon icon)
  • Grenade and throwing weapons icon (optional)
  • Health
  • Action points
  • Stamina (optional)
  • Radiation meter
  • Compass
  • Sneak indicator
  • "Experience gained" meter (optional)
  • Enemy health indicator (optional)
  • Your own custom hud element

You can create Augmented Reality HUD mockups as well

What I'm asking does not have much to do with the post, but seeing your incredible work, I wonder if you know any tutorial for creating HUD. I want to create one for my android (Daughters of Ares) But I can not find any decent tutorial with some explication for the XML and scripting... >.<

What I'm asking does not have much to do with the post, but seeing your incredible work, I wonder if you know any tutorial for creating HUD. I want to create one for my android (Daughters of Ares) But I can not find any decent tutorial with some explication for the XML and scripting... >.<

i'm not good in xml tweaking, i'm also looking for some tutors, hints and tips. Yet nothing useful (except using other xml mods like oneHud for learning). All i can - create custom hud elements and simple setuifloat scripting to make them work. And my hud is not really xml-based. XMLs only store all my elements (cuz i can't rig them to the 1st person camera correctly), everything else is made via scripting and animated meshes. I can send you pm with some basic xml elements and script example if you want.

i'm not good in xml tweaking, i'm also looking for some tutors, hints and tips. Yet nothing useful (except using other xml mods like oneHud for learning). All i can - create custom hud elements and simple setuifloat scripting to make them work. And my hud is not really xml-based. XMLs only store all my elements (cuz i can't rig them to the 1st person camera correctly), everything else is made via scripting and animated meshes. I can send you pm with some basic xml elements and script example if you want.

Please send me :D I will try it later. (Y)

• 3 months later...

Personally, what I really want out of the Fallout New Vegas HUD and UI is pretty much what the DarNified UI does, but with:

1. ...the original Fallout NV font (Note: just the style. The smaller size is a necessity with the smaller elements.)

2. ...slightly larger HUD/UI elements. The smaller size is nice, but some of them are a bit too small. If they were halfway between the size of the DarNified HUD/UI elements and their normal size, that would be super.

3. ...the "Ok" button when transferring multiple items changed from "A" to "W."

Crafting:

4. ...the mouse wheel enabled for scrolling through categories in the crafting interface. It works for scrolling through the items, but not for scrolling through the categories (e.g. RECIPES, Weapons, Apparel, Aid, etc.)

5. ...a fix to the recipe categories glitching if you don't exit out the crafting interface while viewing the "RECIPE" category.

6. ...crafting an item by doubling-clicking it or pressing "A," instead only by pressing "A."

7. ...being able to scroll through ingredients without making the crafting interface freeze up.

8. ...eliminating that buzzing sound when hovering the cursor over the ingredients list. (I suspect that: 1. this problem is either the cause of one not being able to scroll through the ingredients or the two problems have the same cause; 2. the "buzzing" is actually a *click* that's repeating itself, for some reason (maybe there was some line of code left open, somewhere...or something like that...)

9. ...the ability to craft an item without the crafting interface closing on its own.

10. ...vendor names appearing in the barter interface, instead of having to go back-and-forth through the categories to make it appear. There was no such problem with it in Fallout 3, even though the barter interface in New Vegas is otherwise a direct copy-and-paste of that of FO3.

I'm not a programmer, by any stretch, but it would be nice if Fallout New Vegas had XML files for the user to explore, like Fallout 3 has. For little things like changing the "Ok" button from "A" to "W," the user could handle that on their own. In fact, I did that just the other day for Fallout 3. Sure, it took me a minute or two to find the correct XML file, and find the correct entry to modify, but it was nothing to alter something so minor.

Edited by Jambo11

• 1 year later...

So, did you ever try to add your mesh to the skeleton.nif in front of the camera1st node to get it aligned with the first person camera ?

cause i just tested that and it works perfectly, also with the skeleton of the third person camera.

only downside here is that if you have another mod that edit's the skeleton nif the hud branch needs to be copied into that nif if people want to use both mods together.

also, you could probably make use of texture animation with atlases cause the skeleton.nif is highly probable controllable from the player form with a script.

making the textureswapping not neccesary anymore saving you precious drawcalls and giving your entire animated hud lighting fast performance.

and maybe you could even make a dummy hat or eyeglasses and align that to the added hud bone in the skeleton nif with a nistringextradata key set to parent (Prn) from the hud bone.

that would allow you to attach a script to the dummy hat or glasses and eliminate the need to attach the script to the player.

Edited by Guest