Reduce the frequency of Lilly's giving missions?

Xaliber13

I find that Lilly gives missions too often. Like after one mission finished, there's another one waiting to be done.

Is there a way to reduce the frequency of Lilly giving missions? Or, in other words, give more time/space between missions? I like taking my time to scout areas and clean up hordes.

Which value should I modify? I went to missions.xml and found "OpportunityTimeout", but not sure if that's the one to modify.

Thanks so much in advance!

Opportunity Timeouts refer to the time before a mission disappears or automatically fails.

All of these are generally called 'Blackout' timers.

In every mission, there is a section near the end that prevents that mission type from being assigned again for a period of time. For an example, look for

Action ActionFlags="" ActionId="BlackoutNeighborMissions"

All of these contain timers and event calls:

<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="6m" OutputId="Status.RecentMission.Neighbor" PauseWhenOffline="" />
<EventTrigger Event="fsEvent.RecentMission_Any" />
<EventTrigger Event="fsEvent.BlackoutContent" />

Within the event triggers, you will find:

<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="20s" OutputId="Status.Blackout.ContentFsEvent" PauseWhenOffline="" />

There are hundreds of blackout entries in breakdown. Most are found in enclaves, rtsevents, and missions.

You probably should start by focusing on the entries in rtsevents, and just adjust the OutputDuration upwards.

Edited by qmjs

Opportunity Timeouts refer to the time before a mission disappears or automatically fails.

All of these are generally called 'Blackout' timers.

In every mission, there is a section near the end that prevents that mission type from being assigned again for a period of time. For an example, look for

Action ActionFlags="" ActionId="BlackoutNeighborMissions"

All of these contain timers and event calls:

<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="6m" OutputId="Status.RecentMission.Neighbor" PauseWhenOffline="" />

<EventTrigger Event="fsEvent.RecentMission_Any" />

<EventTrigger Event="fsEvent.BlackoutContent" />

Within the event triggers, you will find:

<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="20s" OutputId="Status.Blackout.ContentFsEvent" PauseWhenOffline="" />

There are hundreds of blackout entries in breakdown. Most are found in enclaves, rtsevents, and missions.

You probably should start by focusing on the entries in rtsevents, and just adjust the OutputDuration upwards.

Thank you QMJS! Very helpful. To clarify, so the ones we have to change are the ones with Status.Blackout?

Or should we change everything with Blackout as the keyword in the ActionID?

OutputId="Status.Recent

I would try one or two at a time, starting with fsEvent.RecentMission_Any (5 minutes)

and fsEvent.BlackoutContent(20 seconds, intended to just keep the notifications from showing up at the same time)

and fsEvent.BlackoutRandomMissions (2 minutes)

Those three alone probably would handle the majority of missions. Adjusting all of them could have unintended consequences, such as preventing some from appearing at all. If the game wants to assign a mission, but the timer for that type is still restricted, you might end up getting a different mission with a lower timer far more often.

OutputId="Status.Recent

I would try one or two at a time, starting with fsEvent.RecentMission_Any (5 minutes)

and fsEvent.BlackoutContent(20 seconds, intended to just keep the notifications from showing up at the same time)

and fsEvent.BlackoutRandomMissions (2 minutes)

Those three alone probably would handle the majority of missions. Adjusting all of them could have unintended consequences, such as preventing some from appearing at all. If the game wants to assign a mission, but the timer for that type is still restricted, you might end up getting a different mission with a lower timer far more often.

Thanks QMJS! I'll try changing those values.

What does "Game.RTS.NoResourceOps" do though? I found it under fsEvent.RecentMission_Any.

And what are the differences between Status.RecentMission.Story and Status.RecentMission.StoryOp?

As far as I can tell, all of those are only actually used for anything in story mode. There is a lot of stuff that was copy/pasted into Breakdown and Lifeline that doesn't actually have any effect there.

I am fairly sure, but not certain, that those are all used to control limitations in the base game until you reach specific parts of the story, such as not being able to collect resources until you join the group at the church and complete the mission to get medicine from the veterinarian's office.