Questions from a Senior Citizen (w/pics)

Hey guys Valk here. Been a member here forever (pushing 50 now) and finally put together a real gaming rig. Just have 2 quick questions for you guys:

1) Wanna buy a new videocard. What Nvidia card you think would go well with my system that has at least 4gb mem? I'll be water cooling and overclocking it. Under $500 would be great! Right now seems to be my bottleneck.

2) Looking at my numbers, is everything (mem freq etc.), where it should be for this CPU speed?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 980 (3.7 default speed) (4.4 overclocked) - Water cooled

8gb Corsair XMS3 2000mhz Memory - Air cooled w/ Thermalrite HR-07

Nvidia GTX560 (850/2004 default speed) (960/2245 overclocked) Air cooled w/ Logisys Dracula cooler

Thermalrite heatpipe cooling towers on N. & S. Bridges + mosfets

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Mobo

750 Ultra PSU

Black Ice Gen 2 Extreme 360 Radiator

MCP355 Pump w/ XSPC acrylic top

Black Nickel 450 Phobia acrylic reservoir

Like Thor said, you got the 770 under 500$ on the Nvidia side, and you have the R9 290 on the AMD side. If you intend to cool the card with liquid, I very much recommend the R9 290 (~450-500$), it's faster than the 770 and overclocks like crazy if you can cool it. It has heat issues with the stock heatsink though, but it won't have any with a water block on it.

By the way, I don't get the reasoning behind that big-ass SB heatsink on that board, that thing barely heats up on mine. I do understand why the VRM heatsink is replaced though, the stock one is crap.