addon light nodes how many to a nif ?

greekrage

Im asking this because i have a big object like a ship and want to add several lights to it (like industrial lights ) but want them to light up the areas they are placed in...

Is there a limit to how many addon nodes i can use (same node for each light ).

Will it conflict or simply see them as values for each light fixture.

Also..

Which is the correct way to add multiple identical objects in nifskope that wont cause the renaming error when sanitizing ( im scared to death of this "renaming" because it causes issues with precombines and textures )

You obviously think that i should add them in the CK BUT this object will be a workshop item so it has to have its own lights...

This is the object...(everything on it was added in nifskope )

Jw08jy.jpg

easy. Rename the name itself to be unique for each node. For example, name one addonLight01 and the other addonLight02. But make the index that refers to the addOnNod number in ck the same for everyone. Any quantity is possible.

By the way, if the object is stationary, or you don't need the beam, but you need to light the area, you can make it easier. Make, or find some kind of nif spotlight / flashlight, etc. Attach to it in nifscop bs connect point named P-attachLight. The direction of the axis is equal to the direction of the light. Add your nif to ck, to light and adjust the light you want. Now you can attach any number of these lights to your boat.

Edited by South8028

easy. Rename the name itself to be unique for each node. For example, name one addonLight01 and the other addonLight02. But make the index that refers to the addOnNod number in ck the same for everyone. Any quantity is possible.

By the way, if the object is stationary, or you don't need the beam, but you need to light the area, you can make it easier. Make, or find some kind of nif spotlight / flashlight, etc. Attach to it in nifscop bs connect point named P-attachLight. The direction of the axis is equal to the direction of the light. Add your nif to ck, to light and adjust the light you want. Now you can attach any number of these lights to your boat.

cool...

Just a clarification...

Can i copy branch from the light ive placed each time and rename it or do i have to import a fresh nif (paste branch to 0 node )and rename it .

Im asking because its murder editing transform from zero each time :P

cool...

Just a clarification...

Can i copy branch from the light ive placed each time and rename it or do i have to import a fresh nif (paste branch to 0 node )and rename it .

Im asking because its murder editing transform from zero each time :P

Pardon my English, I misunderstood the question. If we are talking about addonnode, then it is easy to re-create it in any amount in nifscop. Select niNode, left click > Node > Attach Node > bsValueNode. Name, for example, to bsAddonLight01. In value you insert the number of your addonNode from ck. Position the light in transform. Everything, the node is ready. It takes ~15 seconds. Edited by South8028