[Offer] 3d artist willing to make simple stuff free. ask away.

Fernicles

So, 3d artist here. Due to medical issues Ive got some time on my hands and been playing fallout4 a bunch. So I wanted to give something back to the community who makes the game actually playable.

Im offering my skills to make basic models with textures for free. So stuff like static props, vehicles (not rigged), furniture, building parts, trees, etc.

Chuck me a drawing, description reference image of something you would like. - if it needs to be a particular size, give me a reference object to match it (.obj is best)

Youll get a simple .obj file and textures for you to convert to whatever format you need to, you will probably need to scale and maybe flip axis on it, I don't have alot of experience modding fallout4 lol so you'll have to handle the importing process.

I'm a 3d modeller with a couple of decades of experience in game modding and games but due to medical issues I may vanish for weeks at a time. but I remember how hard it used to be to get free assets back in 2008 when I started modding games and figured eh, I'm sure someone is begging for some 3d stuff.

Understand that anything I make is free to the community and not just yours. They will be unique so no asset flips or stuff yoinked from games so they do take a little time to make including unwrapping and textures.

Now, if someone really badly wants something more advanced, with rigging, multiple textures, all that jazz, ill think about it if you want to ask but I can't guarantee ill be able, rigged stuff is so much more aggravating to make. Mainly I just want to make simple stuff :smile:

Heres a link to some of my oooold stuff from like 10 years ago, all ive got handy right now. https://imgur.com/a/PMdKHgW

-hopefully this is the right place to post *shrugs*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the modding community can always benefit from additional model assets (modder's resources) so thank you for the offer. A larger assortment of generators, telecom equipment, computer equipment, ships, vending machines, etc. would be valuable. You can post these into modders resource section on the Nexus and they would be accessible by all.

Edited by pepperman35

T

can you make shoes, preferably in fbx? I myself work very modestly in 3ds, but a good shoe model takes me more time than an animated CNC machine. Already many people asked, but it is useless. Everyone makes high heels in large numbers, and they don't want to make other shoes.
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/D1wAwXmybvSc5Q

he problem with these boots is gonna be the shoelaces, I can do like a texture for the laces and then model teh dangly end laces but it might not look right with knees bending is all... ill see what I can do.

T

can you make shoes, preferably in fbx? I myself work very modestly in 3ds, but a good shoe model takes me more time than an animated CNC machine. Already many people asked, but it is useless. Everyone makes high heels in large numbers, and they don't want to make other shoes.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/D1wAwXmybvSc5Q

he problem with these boots is gonna be the shoelaces, I can do like a texture for the laces and then model teh dangly end laces but it might not look right with knees bending is all... ill see what I can do.
I care about the shape of these boots. Straps and laces are not very difficult for me to make myself. The ends of the laces can be hidden under the belt. I always do a lot of belts and wires, so I'm used to working with splines. It is necessary to make one shoe, left or right. It is advisable not to attach meshes.

Yeah. Super. ) uv I'll probably do it myself, because there are also laces and belts. All on one texture.

How did you make projections? I mean, where did you get them from? Do you have a way to make 2D projections from a 3D image?

Edited by South8028

I googled the shoe and found the clothing website which had front, rear left and right images of the boots. ;P ez money, ill do the belts and laces and stuff and ill unwrap it for ya, ill also stash the reference textures so you can sew them and paste them over it if you want. or I could do it, got nothing else to do today :tongue:

projections are done using an image plane in maya the program I use, 3dmax probably has something simlar, been a decade since ive used it.

Edited by Fernicles

I googled the shoe and found the clothing website which had front, rear left and right images of the boots. ;P ez money, ill do the belts and laces and stuff and ill unwrap it for ya, ill also stash the reference textures so you can sew them and paste them over it if you want. or I could do it, got nothing else to do today :tongue:

projections are done using an image plane in maya the program I use, 3dmax probably has something simlar, been a decade since ive used it.

in max, you just attach the textures to the scaled plane. Finished projection. But it's hard to make shoes in Max (I don't know about Maya). Outlining in edit poly with shift these projections manually is very boring. Rib by rib. Then turbo smootch, or smootch mesh. I did not find other ways in the 3ds lessons. But laces, straps and uv are not hard to make. ) The boot itself is much more complicated.