[Offer] 3d artist willing to make simple stuff free. ask away.

Fernicles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot. I'll take a look today after work. I will send you the body of the character in fo4 scale. If you do something else, you will know the scale. By the way, you can probably use rig. There are fo4 rigs on the nexus, but if you don't want to search, I'll send you a fbx rig. To make it easier to scale furniture, weapons, etc.

First of all, i wish you a speedy recovery, and thank you for this generous offer.
I don't have something in mind right now but just a little question, is it possible to generate a diffuse map if you have the specular and normal ?
or generate Specular if you have Diffuse and Normal (_d, _n, but _s is missing)

Edited by lee3310

Heres V1 if you want to wait a couple of days ill unwrap and sort out the normals situation. otherwise go nuts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkg5zd08n01yucb/Booties_Wedge_V1.zip?dl=0

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F3MzgRtHTSYtHw

This is cbbe and rigs for scale. For some reason, I could not open fbx in max, I had to export it to nif and then opened it in 3ds. You even made the straps and laces. Thank you. I immediately dismantled everything into 14 meshes, separately all parts of the laces and belts. Now I will do uv.

Hi there Fernicles,

If you could create a bunch of stalactites & stalagmites, I'd be a happy man. Been doing some myself & searching the net for more, but they are hard to find (for free).

Especially the mites are hard to find and hard to create.

I'm aiming for 'as real as possible'. Even been using Lidar scans, photgrammetry and photo's turned into textures to create a huge cave (system). (I could show you some samples to get the idea)

A high poly count is no problem at all (I'll decimate them, but it allows for better normals too, so I surely don't mind)

I "need" them for a vault settlement (cave) i'm working on.

If not, I'll keep struggeling with it myself.

Le3310 - The diffuse map contains color information, the specular map contains reflectivity and peak brightness information, normal information is for directional lighting based on incidence angles.

To make a specular map from color information you would switch the texture to grey scale and then use levels to change the light dark balance, some hand drawn adjustments may be required for things that need to be particularly reflective.

Normal map creation is typically done in a 3d program using a baked in process where the program renders UV maps to create a normal map usually from a very high resolution mesh.

There are also programs which can generate faux normal maps based off diffuse or greyscale images.

(edit: Le3310, some games have lower resolution specular maps than the original diffuse maps so take that into account if you are grabbing one from the other, appropriate image scaling may need to be employed.

South 8028 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r0b5pafjsxhrqn/booties_v2.zip?dl=0 added buckles and added color plus a UV image so you can make your own if you dont like my colors :tongue: enjoy.

Ronin1971 - certainly, send me reference images of what you are after, I tend to automatically work in lower polygons because I learnt when game engines were young lol, but yeah ill scale it up a bit, if you want to do super easy ones though get a program like mudbox, there are several free additive sculpting programs around where this kind of thing is SUPER easy.

Bootiev2 dooone

7k23cMQ.jpg

Edited by Fernicles

Thank you. I'll try them in game. We'll have to straighten them with morphs. I should have guessed right away to send you the body of the character. The plane of the sole is obtained at a very large angle relative to the upper part of the boot. the bodies in fo4 are quite different from what you used. But I'll fix it quickly. Edited by South8028

Thank you. I'll try them in game. We'll have to straighten them with morphs. I should have guessed right away to send you the body of the character. The plane of the sole is obtained at a very large angle relative to the upper part of the boot. the bodies in fo4 are quite different from what you used. But I'll fix it quickly.

Maybe this is what your after? eh, pretty quick job https://www.dropbox.com/s/k89ubdhkgb99h1h/booties_v3_cbbefit.fbx?dl=0

Like technically wedge heels like that are like... an inch or two thick and also with a heel raise at hte back although the outside looks more extreme than the feet actually sit in them. so you'd probably be wanting to run with a high heel rig of some kind to make it animate right.

Edited by Fernicles

: Ronin1971 - certainly, send me reference images of what you are after, I tend to automatically work in lower polygons because I learnt when game engines were young lol, but yeah ill scale it up a bit, if you want to do super easy ones though get a program like mudbox, there are several free additive sculpting programs around where this kind of thing is SUPER easy.

Yeah, not much of a sculptor myself.

I threw together an example image. The first 3 on the top row are photo's to give an idea what I'm looking for. The first 2 on the bottom row are examples of what I have from scans & the 2 on the far right side are my most common texture, on a tunnel & corner piece. I do have a few others as well, including a more brown one, but basically a grey color would be best (although I can easily create variations myself)

52537461-1673907329.png

Something resembling this piece of art. (no, it doesn't need to be that detailed ;) but boy, I wish I could shake that out of my wrist)

RoNin1971

On it, Ill make some rocks in the same style so you can fill holes and stuff as needed, ill provide a UV map of them an textures but if you want it to match stuff you already have. youll probably have to fiddle with them a bit unless you want to give me the texture your currently using too.