[Offer] 3d artist willing to make simple stuff free. ask away.

Fernicles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mgqyr9c.png

something like that ?

Exactly, but no need for it to be branded (vault-tec) you can put the brand on the actual box if you want since those wrappers will be too small to notice i think. (Or maybe just the logo)vault-tec-logo-24-E04644-F6-seeklogo-com

Vault-Tec-Logo-svg.png

Edited by lee3310

I can't really do physics or collisions yet, I can make you a basic nif and dds but thats about as far as Ive learned for fallout4. Point me at a tutorial and I might do it but yeah, expect it to take a bit while I work out how to make it do the thing using the programs I have access to. (im using maya 2023 which means it can be problematic getting anything to work XD)

did you want this thing like high poly modeled? you say your using it for armor so what a giant condom wrapper for armor? :tongue:

For physics, i think we just have to add the appropriate BSXFlags, from what i gathered the correct value is "194"

2023-01-30.png

Edited by lee3310

That does sound like a waste of some good oil... sensi(milia) oil turned to 'lube'. Its a shame, really :P

Anyway, I've found some time to do some work on that stalagmite. Well, the texture that is. I don't seem able to escape a more orange/brown look for my cave textures, as thats pretty much THE most common color for a wet cave with stalactites & stalagmites, so I gave my caverock textures a way more orange/brown tint and mixed the one I use for stalactites thus far with yours, to get to the following result:

52537461-1675289427.png

Note: I had to down scale it to 50% to make the textures match size. (the alternative being to use a 8K texture on the stalagmite ...)

So that's something I will need to keep in mind. I might just release it (some day) with 2K instead of the 4K's I'm using right now, in which case a 4K for this 'asset' would be acceptable, for me.

But an optional 4K set of textures would kinda 'force' me to use 8K for this one, which I try to avoid. (Hence the scaling down)

So I'm likely going to use it at a smaller size as 'intended'. (which only matters for the height of any 'location' it will be in.)

Heh, nice. more stalactites coming, was having trouble with my modelling program refusing to bake normal maps :< Be a couple more days till ive got stuff more sorted, theres going to be a texture pack with multiple options, buuuut. 4k is going to make everything massive to download. but eh. ill have a 2k textures pack and a 4k I think. save a hefty download for people not wanting 2gb of textures lol.

heres an example of roughly where I'm at with them at this point. I've got to bake out all my textures and organise al the editables and whatnot still though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3o78rcpgd2vdg1/stalactite_pillar_2.rar?dl=0

Edited by Fernicles

Heh, nice. more stalactites coming, was having trouble with my modelling program refusing to bake normal maps :< Be a couple more days till ive got stuff more sorted, theres going to be a texture pack with multiple options, buuuut. 4k is going to make everything massive to download. but eh. ill have a 2k textures pack and a 4k I think. save a hefty download for people not wanting 2gb of textures lol.

heres an example of roughly where I'm at with them at this point. I've got to bake out all my textures and organise al the editables and whatnot still though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3o78rcpgd2vdg1/stalactite_pillar_2.rar?dl=0

Yeah, thats why I want to make the 'standard' version with 2K textures and an optional download for 4K. (I personally prefer the 4K's & my rig can handle it too ;) )

Anyway, I'm still very busy to create & match textures. Redid that brown color again as I jsut don't like that much of it.

Got me a new version which looks way better, even next to the stalagmite, which also still looks pretty good.

Currently just adding the materials to the various cliffs and rocks from the game.

Next step is to import them to Blender and make sure they al look the same (same scale on the textures, roughly)

Look amazing in combi with my cliff texture and edge trim. Further brightened my floors & added speculars.

I might actually continue on my 'old' vault, as I recreated the material swaps, but with the new textures. Still will need to replace a bunch of rocks, but It saves me a lot of pain on other stuff. (like the vault gear door & a working elevator. Been working on turning on/off the main cave lights as well.

Need to check on a reported bug for my vault pieces mod (& create some more, pieces. Not bugs ;) )

In other words, I have enough to keep me busy. For this life & the next anyway :laugh:

It took almost 3 weeks for the boots. It turns out that there are a lot of nuances for working with clothes. OS does not properly support anti-aliasing. Some smoothing groups are not supported. Accordingly, if you are making clothing with a complex relief... You must take into account that all of it will be smoothed by one group. Or you have to physically disassemble it into many meshes. Or you should make a transition layer hidden under the face mesh in the transition zones. Otherwise there will be a lot of artifacts. OS anti-aliasing will mess up meshes even if you turn on the "lock normals" checkbox.

https://disk.yandex.ru/a/L6L8BExaodh5vw

mgqyr9c.png

something like that ?

Exactly, but no need for it to be branded (vault-tec) you can put the brand on the actual box if you want since those wrappers will be too small to notice i think. (Or maybe just the logo)vault-tec-logo-24-E04644-F6-seeklogo-com

Vault-Tec-Logo-svg.png

If you still need it, keep it.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/VtlRH7CTr4R9Ng

I Do, but i didn't wanna ask again. Thank you so much, they look amazing.