Visual Effects of Spriggain's Poison will not wear off

ThatCapedGuy

(I posted this a week or so ago but neve got any help and the problem has not gone away so I'm reposting... sorry)

The visual effects of the Spriggain's poison attack (the swirly leaf effect) won't go away even hours after encountering one. It was the first time I encountered one on this save. The effect itself wore off normally but the visual effect stayed. I've tried anything I could think of to fix it (I used ~dispelallspells, I opened the race menu, and I spawned another spriggain to see if getting the poison effect and having it wear off again would fix it) - but no dice. The only other thing I can think to do is load a save from before I encountered the spriggain, but I only noticed that it wasn't going away after I had already filled up any autosave slots and any hard saves I have before it are from quite a while ago. And something tells me this problem would crop up again next time I fight a spriggain anyway. The effect has gotten quite irritating.

Could anyone help me with this?

• 7 months later...

hey ThatCapedGuy, what did you type that worked? I can't get it to work

Do you have the same bug, with the spriggain effect? If so, then I believe what I used was 'player.addspell 9AA46', then close and reopen the console, and type 'player.removespell 9AA46'. If you have a similar problem but different effect then look through the tutorial for the effect ID you need.