Less Items = More Mobility

So the idea is to gife every iteam a weight:

Shootguns and Rifles = 2w

Sniper = 3w

Rocket/MG = 4w

Pistol = 1w

Every other item = 1w

Every Soldier start with a mobility of lets say 16-18, for example:

Your Assault have 17M - 2 for the shootgun and -1 for a Pistol and -2 for 2 items = 12 Mobility

But if u gife him less items he have more mobility, gife u a more tactical gameplay.

Assault have 17M - 2 for the shootgun and -1 for 1 items = 14 Mobility

So my Problem of creating this mod is how can i remove a item from a slot like getting the pistol slot empty in game? Same with items.

And is it possible to gife items weight?

Edited by Balygre

I've been thinking about making a mod like this pretty much since I started playing Enemy Unknown...

The simplest way to do it would be to add negative iMobility in DGC.ini for each item and make them unique so that soldiers can only have one of each.

The only downside is that it didn't have any effect for anything else than armors when I tested it :pinch:

And trying figuring out a way to do it in unreal script was way beyond what I could do at the time...

However I think it may be worth investigating closer now when time has passed and it seems like we are going to be able to expand functions to any size we want, which pretty much makes it possible to append logic to any function dealing with mobility no matter how small that function is... Given that someone reinvents a mod for increased number of items for EW.