Esl a file that is master for patches in sseedit.

Nap1985

I read on a mod page (trying to find it again! unsuccessful so far) somewhere that if I were to load a file I wish to esl in SSEEDIT, along with any patches that require it, and then compact form ids for esl, it will renumber for the other esps that depend on it as well? Can anyone confirm this?

I know compacting form ids will break a mod that is a master for other esps. But this mod page explicitly stated that this approach indeed worked to NOT break those esps.

Or, do you know where I read this? I think it was on a recently released mod or patch, but I can't find it. Thought I bookmarked but apparently not.

Edit: I loaded up a mod and one of its patches to test this. And based on my limited understanding of sseedit, it does seem to work. I compacted form ids for the master and it did renumber for the patch as well.

I've been avoiding compacting as much as possible but this opens up a lot more mods to esl-ifiying! As long as I'm certain I've loaded all mods mods that depend on it, which seems hard to mess up as sseedit automatically loads masters for any mods you load.

Edited by Nap1985