Motorcycle Gas Tank Backpack

OmniDeath

I've spent the last few hours retexturing the motorcycle gas tank from the Shishkebab to use as a backpack for a set of armor. But when I try to get the tank separated from the weapon and show up as a backpack in game it is messed up; crazy artifacts, wrong placement, etc.

If some one could make the gas tank mesh so it would function properly in game as a backpack/energy pack I would be eternally grateful :D

I've gotten it to show up in game by essentially deleting all the weapon related parts of the Shishkebab mesh in nifskope (leaving only the tank) and then using the resulting mesh as an "armor addon" piece in the Geck. It shows up fine in game but disappears off the armor when the player changes weapons.

I also tried the "swap out" method by replacing the Power Armor Energy Cylinders mesh with the tank mesh in nifskope. The resulting mesh shows up fine in nifskope and the Geck, but crashes the game on start up.

Help?

show pics! then ill be able to see exactly whats wrong :) show pics of what it looks like in nifskope, in geck preview or in game or all of the above, if any look different in either.

show pics! then ill be able to see exactly whats wrong :) show pics of what it looks like in nifskope, in geck preview or in game or all of the above, if any look different in either.

This is how it looks trying that first method I mentioned above. In game it shows up fine, but disappears when the player changes weapons. It also stays on the players back when he changes armor until he changes weapons.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4381/tanktest2.jpg

This is how it looks trying the swap out method. Shows up fine in Geck but the game crashes as soon as the player tries to equip it.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5379/tanktest1.jpg

Archived