need help with collision scale on export...

greekrage

This isnt a regular thing but im running into a few models that when exported to nif from 3ds...the collision is huge compared to the model its based on...

Im using king Gaths method for exporting and on most models its fine...

Example:

I clone a part of the model that covers the collision i need and then do the rest based on those two meshes (obviously the clone is under the original since i create a ridged body with proxies and it automatically inserts itself under the original)....

So how in the world is the clone/collision bigger after exporting ?

Ykq9Mx.jpg

1. It is highly desirable that the pivot of the model and the pivot of the collision are the same. 2. After any manipulations with meshes, don't forget to resetXform.

Learn to model from a plane/spline. Outlining any complex shape from a plane takes 5 minutes if you know how. Check out 3ds max tutorials on youtube. Learn basic editable poly manipulation. Making a collision based on a copy of the model is a waste of game resources.

1. It is highly desirable that the pivot of the model and the pivot of the collision are the same. 2. After any manipulations with meshes, don't forget to resetXform.

Learn to model from a plane/spline. Outlining any complex shape from a plane takes 5 minutes if you know how. Check out 3ds max tutorials on youtube. Learn basic editable poly manipulation. Making a collision based on a copy of the model is a waste of game resources.

like i mentioned before..i only got a usable version of 3ds 2 days ago... :tongue: Until now i only used 3ds or blender to convert models to nifs and added collision in CK using various parts like mac blocks etc.. in a scol unside the models....

But now with finally being able to export collision directly from 3ds its saved me many hours of work . I know mesh clones are heavy but i havent even begun to use the creation part of 3ds.....hence zero experience.

Edited by greekrage