Demon needed

glowplug

The mod I am doing needs a demon of considerable power with as many of the following characteristics as possible...
* humanoid or near enough.
* very agile.
* strong hand/foreleg attack animations (does not use weapons).
* biting attack animations.
* magical attack hand/foreleg animations.

I have not found what I am looking for Creature or Race mods so I am asking for help in solving this issue.

The mod I am doing needs a demon of considerable power with as many of the following characteristics as possible...

* humanoid or near enough.

* very agile.

* strong hand/foreleg attack animations (does not use weapons).

* biting attack animations.

* magical attack hand/foreleg animations.

I have not found what I am looking for Creature or Race mods so I am asking for help in solving this issue.

Check into Waalx's stuff: http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php

You may have to register on the forum to download it.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

perhaps you might use Semtex faun Race or blooddemons or another Demon Race, bind it in, as a creature, add a good hand to hand animation, and the walking animations you like.

I did it Several times cause I dislike the oger and trolls

Perhaps you might use the another skeleton. and wold like to change ist in Nifskope for longer forearms

Harvald

Oh I didn't realize you could add NPC types as creatures. What are the exact steps to do this?

@lonewolf Kai

its very easy to do.

Make a new Folder under Creatures or take an existing of a creature you dislike. First put a skeleton to the folder, like coroneas maximum compatibility or talkie toasters skelettal variations. Then take all the bodyparts you need (head,mouth, teeth, hair, body meshes and so on) and put it to the folder too ( like the whole Faun race nifs by Semtex for the Beginning).

If you want your new creature race to wear an armor or even throusers put the mesh to the folder.

If you like the behavior of an Springgan, Ogre, Daedra or Troll you can thake the anims and specialanims from there. I do that always, because I sometimes forget a animation to add.

At last you take animations you prefer, might be from unnessecary violence or an other animationreplacer and overwrite the vanilla animations. Doing this you can do everything this way, An Ogre with Umpa sexy walk :laugh: , an Springgan as a Spellsinger :blush:, Daedra who are Kung-fu fighters :devil:. you can change nearly every humanlike creaturerace this way.

Oh yes, if you like to have a special body texture, you have to change in Nifskope.

Now the CS work begins. Open creatures new creatue and chose your new folder,and load the skeleton. Now you will be able to combine the Bodyparts and create your new beast in the modellist. After that, add it to some creature-generators or place them by hand, and here we go..........................

Have fun

Harvald

Edited by Harvald

• 1 month later...

Blooddemon is perfect but I did it as non-playable race instead of creature for a number of reasons.

Thanks once again Harvald for your creature tutorial, it is exactly what I need to do next.
The problem I am finding is resizing the creature, is there a way to do this?

I've tried various combinations (including skeleton) of both blender and nifskope edits.

Blooddemon is perfect but I did it as non-playable race instead of creature for a number of reasons.

Thanks once again Harvald for your creature tutorial, it is exactly what I need to do next.

The problem I am finding is resizing the creature, is there a way to do this?

I've tried various combinations (including skeleton) of both blender and nifskope edits.

Sorry for meddling here, but scaling characters, creatures and objects is made through the CS itself, not with external software. Actors can be scaled wholesale through the Race menu, or individually once placed in the Worldspace. Mehrunes Dagon is human sized in nif file, but is gigantic in-game because his scaling asset is set to 20 foot tall.

For instance, an elephant and a lamb are exactly the same sice in the nif file, because both use the same skeleton, but their respective Race assets have different scaling setting. If you place an elephant and a lamb side-by-side in the Worldmap but touch nothing, the elephant will be as big as an elephant and the lamb as small as a lamb. But if when placing them you change the scale setting in the "edit object" menu, you can make the lamb gigantic and the elephant diminute.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself...

Cheers!

Thanks IkeCoast, I forgot about Base Scale on the Creature Dialogue :blush:
I've portrayed the Nagastanni race as tall and slender so their zombies should be likewise.
Of course, I can achieve this on Creature through slimming their zombie outfits.
That makes things a lot simpler as they only need creature sounds.