How can you export color/diffuse map out of Nifskope?

mechanicalhorizon

I've been trying to export the color/diffuse map of a Fallout 76 asset using Nifskope, but the tutorial I found online doesn't work.

The tutorial I found says after clicking the object, choose the BSTriShape from the left-hand menu, then right-click > texture > export template.

Then a small menu comes up, but no matter what I choose only the UV set exports. No color/textures.

Is there a way to export those? I would assume there should be since Nifskope displays them, so they have to be located somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

If you only need to extract the textures for an existing asset, then check the material file used by the shader property of the BSTriShape, and use any BA2 tool to extract the DDS files. Unfortunately, NifSkope does not seem to show the contents of Fallout 76 material files, but most of the time, there is a BSShaderTextureSet block with an ID one higher than that of the shader property, and it contains the actual texture paths.

Alternatively, it is possible to list the texture paths and extract files using my tools (fo76utils), although these are command line programs. nif_info prints information about NIF files, including the material and texture paths, and baunpack lists or extracts files from archives.