Need help with making a mod

oldsnake1337

I decided to try my hand at modding Skyrim. What I want to do is simple, but being completely new to the process, I don't really know what I'm doing. I have the Creation Kit. What I want to do is replace the voice clips from the Throw Voice shout. You know, the obnoxious insults? I decided to take it to its natural conclusion and replace them with Tourettes Guy voice clips. I've extracted Skyrim - Voice.bsa with FOMM, found the files and used Unfuzer to replace the sounds in voicepowers_throwvoiceline_000e0cb9_1.fuz and like files in Skyrim - Voice\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\maleeventoned with what I wanted. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm sure someone experienced in the process would find something like this trivial, and would even think I'm an idiot for not being able to figure it out (which isn't entirely unlikely). Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by oldsnake1337

Have you tried changing it from the creation kit? Open up Skyrim.esm expand the Audio tab and look for Sound descriptors. Then type 'throw' into the filter and right click 'VOCShoutImpactThrowVoiceSD' and delete all the files in the sounds window then replace them with the ones you want. Remember, they must be .wav files or they CK won't load them.

I checked that out, and those seem to be the sound effects of the shout itself, which I'm not trying to change. I'm trying to replace the lines that the shout says, like "Hey, troll bait!" and so forth. I found the lines in the Skyrim - Voices.bsa in sound\voice\skyrim.esm\maleeventoned (the lines were also in \femaleeventoned, \maleorc, and \malekhajiit, but I'm not messing with those until I get it working at all), and I replaced the sounds in the .fuz files with the ones I want. I'm not sure how to replace the vanilla files with the ones I edited.

Edited by oldsnake1337

Well I'm afraid I can't really help you there. The best that I can do is suggest you keep poking around in the CK because I know from personal experience that there's a lot more to replacing files than simply overwriting the older ones. This may be because the game is still using sounds from the Skyrim - Voices.bsa rather than the folder but I couldn't be sure.

Anyway good luck!

• 8 months later...