[SSE] Placeable Planters

polearbair

Every couple of years I look to see if anybody has made a mod like this. I'm sure the idea has to have struck many mod authors just by the shear number of mods revolving around Hearthfire plantables and the number of player homes boasting about how many planters they have the way car manufacturers do with cup holders but all I've ever found is one failed attempt at a port from an oldrim mod...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31193

that requires another mod that I don't have or want...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/667

So I'm kind of assuming this must be a really difficult thing to mod for some reason or surely someone would have done it by now.

But if anyone reading this thinks they can do it there's a niche just waiting to be filled because currently there's nothing else out there that works.

If it can be done, it will take someone a lot smarter than me. The thing with planters is that, like bookshelves, there are a lot of invisible "moving" parts, so to speak. If you were to use Creation Kit, you would place the planter, which is the easy part. Then you would use a special activator soil plot. After that, you would place a special "planter NPC" in a cell somewhere, and link that NPC to the soil, so when you plant something you're giving it to the NPC, who gives you back more of it later.

The planter static, even the activator, could be placed by the Campfire-dependent mod you listed, or by Jaxonz Positioner, CD Cooley's Decorator Helper, DylBill's positioner, even by spawning it in with console commands. You could even spawn in an NPC, but linking them in game is beyond me.

Nope I don't know of one, but I can offer a potential hack, (albeit hack in every sense) in the meantime...

Suppose you happened to have the following mods:

Jaxonz Positioner

Farm Everywhere Enhanced

and you have access to the various static planters using Add-Item-Menu or console or whatever

Then you acquire a planter (add item or console ...or whatever)

Place and position it wherever, using jaxonz

Use the farming tool from Farm everywhere to create a plantable object.

Then you use Jaxonz once more to position the plantable object (ideally after planting) inside the planter

It would definitely work outside. I move planted items (planted using that tool) all the time (but I just dig a patch wherever and plant whatever, no container necessary, then adjust the plant so it sits "natural"). Inside might be a bit trickier though. (I don't know if the farming tool works indoors)

Nope I don't know of one, but I can offer a potential hack, (albeit hack in every sense) in the meantime...

Suppose you happened to have the following mods:

Jaxonz Positioner

Farm Everywhere Enhanced

and you have access to the various static planters using Add-Item-Menu or console or whatever

Then you acquire a planter (add item or console ...or whatever)

Place and position it wherever, using jaxonz

Use the farming tool from Farm everywhere to create a plantable object.

Then you use Jaxonz once more to position the plantable object (ideally after planting) inside the planter

It would definitely work outside. I move planted items (planted using that tool) all the time (but I just dig a patch wherever and plant whatever, no container necessary, then adjust the plant so it sits "natural"). Inside might be a bit trickier though. (I don't know if the farming tool works indoors)

That worked like a charm. Thinks for the tip.