Help with Snow Textures

frazeebd

Hi all! I have a fairly significant mod list I've worked up, and I've been going for a few weeks trying to get it stable. A number of characters up through level 20 or so testing it out, and I think I've got it mostly stable and good to go with one really annoying exception... snow textures.

I'm on 1.6.640 which is SE with the AE upgrade not loaded (Steam DLC not checked). I've got all the normal stuff loaded, I'm using MO2.

I'm using Skyland AIO for my base textures, and on top of that I have Majestic Mountains with some patches, and JK's Skyrim. I have a lot more mods, but nothing really that should be affecting landscapes. I see my snow mod as winning all conflicts in MO2 except TexGen_Output, and it has a fresh install so nothing has been overwritten. I am using DynDoLOD 3.

I started seeing this issue where snow would be ok, but then at some point would randomly turn into a gray and white splotchy, flat 2d mess.... I couldn't get it to go away, so I tried loading something like Nordic Snow. It worked ok, though things didn't look quite as good... played for a bit and bam, it happened again. Splotchy, spotty flat snow textures.

I've gone through trying Nordic Snow, Glacies SSE, and Snow - HD Retexture and still the same thing is happening. I have ok snow for a while then after a few hours bam... flat, splotchy mess is back.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? It doesn't always happen in the same spot. I usually see it on the way up to High Hrothgar, but now I'm seeing it happen on porches in Morthal. But once it happens, if affects almost all the snow.

I can probably upload a screen shot to media files if needed but hoping somebody has an idea what is going on. I attached a small thumbnail snippet of it to this post (250kb limit).

Thanks for any help or advice!