Need help linking animation with sound

AghastVenus1

So I'm pretty new to modding. I've been playing with Fallout 4 mods on Xbox for a while and I finally got a PC that can handle the Creation Kit. So I'm working on some things to port over for personal use, and one of those is adding the weapon equip animations from Ultimate M4 Pack to SREP Redux. The animation itself was really easy, I was able to just replace the wpnequip.hkx file and boom the animation plays when I equip the weapon. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the sound to play. I found the relevant sound files, but I don't know how to get them to link up. Anyone have any tips?

I don't know how it's done with weapons. Never did. But in general, in hkx, sounds are added in the form of annotations. They are added to the animation root in the curve editor, and link any animation frame to the corresponding handle in ck. You can find instructions in the f4ak nexus package manual. Or in the manual for the rig zaz. To work, you will need 3ds max versions 2013-2017 and hct 2014.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/5591708