Looking for Space Marine Armor + Boltgun retex

theLeeHarvey

Alright, now that I have your attention, lol, I guess I should explain what I want huh?

I love Cerberos' Warhammer 40k Space Marine armor. The meshes are as good as I could ever hope for, but the textures could still use some work as they lack the fine detail of the vanilla power armor (no offense intended to the mod creator).

I am looking for someone willing to retexture a set of armor for me and I am willing to pay $50 upon completion. I am looking specifically for a retex of Cerberos' Legion of the Damned Veteran armor, I am not worried about any of the other chapters included in his mod.

What I want in the new texture specifically, is a sharper, crisper look for all the armor plates and panel lines. All the paint chipping is currently very dull and gray and slightly fuzzy looking. The skulls and bones are blurry and half-formed looking as well. The whole suit of armor lacks the metallic sheen that is common on the metal bits of every set of vanilla armor (powered or not). Basically, I'd like it to be as photo-realistic as possible, it's supposed to be heavy duty, worn metal and I would like it to look like that.

So to restate it in list form, hopefully to make it easier, here's what I want out of the retexture:

- Higher resolution for better detail

- More crisp paint chipping and scarring

- Metallic sheen to the bare metal bits and paint chips

- Flames, bones and skulls sharper and more defined

- Sharper, clearer panel lines and rivets

- Normal map that matches each of the chips, scratches and panel lines and rivets

I want to be clear though, that by 'metallic sheen' I don't mean 'shine'. I do not want a shiny, glossy set of Power Armor.

Here's a couple of pics so you can see what armor set I want retexed and what needs to be done to it.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/LotDTemp2.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/LotDTemp1.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/LotDTemp3.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr346/theLeeHarvey/LotDTemp4.jpg

Like I said earlier, I will pay you $50 for your efforts upon completion of the Texture and Normal map if it meets my previously mentioned requests. If there are more than one of you who decide to take up the challenge, I will pay the person with the best work the $50 as I cannot afford to pay it more than once, lol. Whether you want to work off of the original texture or create a whole new one is up to you, either is fine with me (though I recommend getting Cerberos' approval before using his original).

As far as a time limit is concerned, I realize that you are all artists and perfection can not be rushed, so I think that between now July 4th should give you sufficient time to complete the project. If that isn't long enough for whatever reason, let me know, I have no problem accommodating you, but be warned that if one person comes to me by or before the deadline with a finely detailed retex that meets the requirements, they will be the one to get payed.

You can expect payment on delivery of the texture files, and I would appreciate screen shots of the work in progress. Feel free to post your screen shots in this thread. As for payment, I can either mail you a check, or pay you via Paypal, your choice.

So, I thank you for reading this and I hope one of you are up to the challenge. Fifty bucks is a nice chunk of change for some easy work, plus, there's always the added perk of being able to brag about being payed for your hobby right?

Kind regards,

LeeHarvey

EDIT: Please ignore the Boltgun part of the title. Unless you really want to retexture that too in which case I'll throw an extra $15 your way for a nicely textured boltgun, same stipulations as the Power Armor.

Archived