elrich combining all object textures of the model

greekrage

Ive exported stuff 100s of times but this is driving me nuts...

I have a model with multiple parts and each part that needs collision has it ... (each clone of the objects are "COPY" not instance just to be clear )

Everything is under a dummy helper as always for the purpose of exporting...

I export and open the nif BEFORE passing it through elrich and everything works fine ...All textures applied go to each part as intended...

As soon as i pass it through elrich and open the processed nif .. The textures are combined for any and all objects . Meaning that no matter what part i apply textures to...ALL parts get the same texture...

Its obvious elrich is doing this but why ?

Ive passed similar objects before without an issue ....

Please help because this model has taken a lot of time...

When you setup the material files in max, did you create a separate material for each part? I would make the name of the material match the name of the mesh part as well.

Ive never had to do that....

I always make the model ,do collisions and blanket the whole thing in a bslightingeffect default... so i can export and it always works fine...even after processing with elrich.... On this occasion it all works fine but then combines all the textures after passing through elrich...

elrich probably has nothing to do with this.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/wPLzCCV_ErlBVA

You may have made mistakes when assigning materials in 3ds.

well it all works fine until it passes through elrich...(collision is there..Textures are separated etc... )...So youre saying something in the model is causing it ?

looks like the issue is still there...

I even tried to clear UVs /materials and redo them on most of the objects but nothing changed...

Then i thought... "why dont i assign textures to the nif in nifskope BEFORE passing it through Elrich ? "

Guess what ?.... It worked !!

This is very weird because i never had to do that before...

I have a possible suspect and that is the collision meshes...

I assuming that a certain collision mesh is interacting with everything and probably one that i need like one of the floors (has 3 decks with 3 separate meshes ) and these are the first things i generate.

I may have accidentally collapsed something by accident .

I would have to go and check the whole thing element by element...to see whats attached to what...

Edited by greekrage