Can't use Any type of Smithing stations or crafting stations.

JimmyJosser

Basically, when I try to press E and use a Forge, Anvil, Tanning Rack, Workbench, Alchemy Table or Enchanting Table, my character moves to the front of the station, doesn't do anything and stands there for about 5 seconds. Then the game just returns to normal, except I can't go in or out of third person unless I go into a menu or minimise the game.

I've tried loading earlier saves and I wouldn't like to do a fresh install in case my mods or saves are lost (if that even happens, i'm not sure if it does)

Can anybody help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated!

I just started having this issue myself, although I don't have any issues with changing view. Edit: Actually I don't even move to the front or pause 5 seconds at the station. Nothing at all happens, I had to pick something up and talk to Vilja to make sure to make sure activating anything was working.

Recently changes: updated htd physics plugin, FNIS, COT weather patch update, Weapon Armor fixes (change from complete to plus version), Dragon break quest (completed on 1.0), Wyrmstooth (only courier meeting), some non-nexus mods (sexlab mod updates).

Anything in common?

Edit 2: Solved mine. I just needed to run fnis for users again as I forgot I was just supposed to be making a clean(as possible) save before activating a new version of a fnis mod.

I have BOSS, that didn't seem to make a difference.

Strangely, it only seems to happen on newer characters, I loaded a very old character (my first on the PC that I stopped playing a while ago) and the forges worked?!

I'm really confused, my game has now begun to crash to desktop without an error message which is irritating me too :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand I have had the same issue and after some trial and error I believe I found a solution: trying to sleep while trespassing with Immersive Beds installed. I'm not entirely sure if the trespassing has any effect in this, but those were the circumstances when I found out about this.

• 2 weeks later...

i keep getting this bug too, and so far the only answer ive had is to load an old save.

i also have immersive beds i think, but i can load a save made subsequent to accidentally sleeping, and it seems fine. however, i also have better vampires, and i notice that if my sucking animation breaks, due to being in combat or on a different level than my target, that will often appear to cause this bug

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem but I fixed it, once my character would start to use any crafting station it would cancel the action before I could do anything uninstalled Magic Duel Reborn and I could use the stations again. I don't know if its that mod or if its conflicting with another mod but that what was keeping me from crafting

My issue is similar. I've just started a new game and my character will start the animation for tanning leather, cooking, or using a grindstone and immediately stop before I'm kicked out of the crafting menu. Oddly enough, I'm able to use a smith's forge just fine.

I have precisely this issue--was anyone able to discern what was causing this?

Weirdly, it's not always the case--sometimes I'll get the bug four or five times in a row, other times it'll actually work three or four times in a row. It seems completely random whether or not I'm kicked out of the menu.

It also seems to effect mining.

EDIT: Yes, it seems to be Magic Duel Reborn is causing the glitch--why, I can't fathom, except that MDR does work by stopping and starting animations for the duel mechanic itself. I don't think FNIS even registers MDR, since it doesn't replace any existing animations.

Edited by Synthesis

• 2 months later...