[Video] Stuck looping healing spell effect on player and some npcs when in cold areas

SavvyChad

I don’t know what can be the cause of this bug. I thought it was Sunhelm because it looks related to the freezing stage, but after some testing, it seems that it is not.

------> Video showing the bug

Hints:

- It’s like multiple healing spells looping one over the other. It is not only a visual effect because it’s actually regenerating health.

- It doesn’t show up in active effects menu.

- Console commands like dispelallspells don’t stop it.

- It’s always happening in very cold areas. Especially in The Pale (Dawnstar/Heljarchen area). Also, at the east of Windhelm.

- Sometimes, when I wait one hour in game, it stops.

- It can be seen rarely on npcs like in the video I attached. I think I have seen it only in wolves.

- The light of the spell effect can be seen in first person.

- It gets triggered by moving into certain areas. For example, in the video, it gets triggered because I’m walking in that direction. If I walk on the opposite direction, it doesn’t trigger the effect.

I’m having a blast with this mod list, but this bug is pissing me off badly. Any help is highly appreciated.

Edited by SavvyChad

I found the origin of the issue. It was Maximum Destruction. Specifically, the spell MD_FastHealing "MD Fast Healing" [sPEL:04C1567B]. I checked the source code of the scripts, and obviously I didn’t understand the logic of the code. So I don’t know why it’s using MD_FastHealing.Cast(TargetRef, TargetRef) in one of its functions that is repeated multiple times. The mod author is isolated in his Patreon, so whatever.

Solution: Open Maximum Destruction with SSEEdit, and remove MD_FastHealing spell. This edit solves the issue, and the mod is still working fine. At least for now. Let’s see what happens. Hopefully, this is solved by the author in a future update.