Geck Dialoge Crash

Lucidx

Whenever I try to edit dialoge in the Geck, it crashes no matter what, as soon as I click new, a 'EMPTY' placeholder comes up on the list but then the geck just crashes. Im using vista :(

does anyone know how to fix this, I really want to add some extra dialoge.

My condolences, I have the same problem and it seems like there is no easy solution. It might have something to do with incompatibilities between the geck and some audio codecs. So, if you are Windows savvy you could invest some time into deinstalling, reinstalling and configuring the game, the geck, media players, codecs, etc. . But I doubt it'll help.

The only "workaround" I could come up with was to install geck and fallout inside an XP VM. It's a bit cumbersome, the game won't run and I can't use the render window, but I can edit dialogue and add quest topics.

if you create a new topic and are still in the prompt line and you click in the topic list again while the geck runs its spell checker the geck crashes... as easy as that... click in the response field before you click the topic list to avoid it

I had the SAME exact problem.

I had Vistcrap (Vista...) for a while. When i tired to edit dialogue no matter what way people told me to do it, it would crash.

I just took a copy of XP from a friend and installed it. I like XP more anyawy

After that the GECK worked perfectly.

I uninstalled/reinstalled

Fallou 3 five times

Geck five times

I messed with codecs, I've deleted every program i could except the core ones.

NOTHING helped.

VISTA just sucks...

• 5 months later...
Vista not sucks, i think its far better than xp... i used xp for 4 years, then i get vista... faster, prettyer, safer... the only thing is the compatibility, vista sucks in compatib. i think bethesda needs to make a patch for geck, cuz its not compatible with vista, i get too many crashes in geck under vista, with the dialogue, then random crashes... nightmare... so i make mods on my bros comp(he uses xp :starwars: )and works fine :P

• 3 weeks later...