Need to change LOD mesh

BadPenney

It might make sense, but did you test it to see if it is true?

Tested with level4 - work with terrain,objects and visible_when_distant objects(world_name.level4.high.)

level8-32 not tested(we don't need them anyway), but there shouldn't be any difference.

So, to put it simple. If

level4.x<=Your_cell_coord_x<level4.x+4 && level4.y<=Your_cell_coord_y<level4.y+4 , then this NIF contain LOD for Your_cell

P.S. in my first post i make a mistake, i shoud wrote

World_Name.Level4 - LOD for 4x4(16) cells - detailed,for near terrain\objects ?

World_Name.Level8 - LOD for 8x8(64) cells - not so detailed.for distant terrain

World_Name.Level16 - LOD for 16x16(256) cells - for more distant terrain

World_Name.Level32 - LOD for 32x32(1024) cells - and so on

sorry for that

It might make sense, but did you test it to see if it is true?

Tested with level4 - work with terrain,objects and visible_when_distant objects(world_name.level4.high.)

level8-32 not tested(we don't need them anyway), but there shouldn't be any difference.

So, to put it simple. If

level4.x<=Your_cell_coord_x<level4.x+4 && level4.y<=Your_cell_coord_y<level4.y+4 , then this NIF contain LOD for Your_cell

Two Wasteland cells that I had to modify were Wasteland.Level4.X-4.Y24 and Wasteland.Level4.X-8.Y24. They are immediately adjacent east to west and just a bit south of Oasis on the map, on Wilderness -5, 25. Does that fit your equations properly? Some of the objects that I had to create LOD for in the same area share the same coordinates ( though at least one of them is on Wilderness -3,24). None of the trees that I had to modify seem to match up though. All of them were Level8, and none of them share the same X and Y coordinates.

I hope that you are onto something. It would make a great modder's resource to see a map of the Wasteland the matches GECK coordinates with LOD coordinates. Sort of like a Rosetta Stone.

If all correct, you can find cell -5,25 LOD (for example) in

Wasteland.Level4.X-8.Y24.nif - terrain

blocks\Wasteland.Level4.X-8.Y24.nif - objects

trees\Wasteland.Level8.X-8.Y24.nif - trees

Look at this picture - it incomplete,but you can figure out

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Most threads about world generation LOD u.s.w. and using G.E.C.K. seems to ended in 2009, any updates???

I'm still try to tame the beast but this is not a one guy team to get reliable results, any updates at all?

I invested in a pimped rig to compute things in a singular CPU world A.S.A.P. since G.E.C.K. seems not aware of quad or i7 comps or anything else that have more than one core CPU.

I'm still want to now how the G.E.C.K. handle height map import and restrictions on height maps, it seems a pure byte max and -limit restriction is not right for RAW import and to know how FO3 handle new world spaces import to change or make new World spaces is crucial for anyone that want to change or make new add ons.

So what's the status of understanding G.E.C.K. and world generation up today?

• 1 month later...