{idea} Craft and command.. PUPPETS

ArtMurder

There have been many "Craft and command" mods for dwemer and such, and thanks to the countless wonderful conjuration mods, summons and creatures to command are almost endless for magical users. But, I'd like to see the ability to build something without the need to use magic or battle insanely powerful automatons. Crafting puppets, I imagine using the default mannequin body for them would be simple enough, as I've seen them creepily move about.

Basically, this would allow you to combine wood, ingots, and other materials into a puppet body, which you can then equip with weapons/armor, this is a VERY non-magical thing for none-mage characters, so these puppets can't use magic, will be immune to ice/shock/poison but VERY weak to fire, and can be improved via using better materials to make them. For example, making a puppet with each different kind of ingot will result in a slightly different puppet. In addition, maybe infusing them alchemical ingredients will give them additional abilities, like poison, invisibility, and more.

This idea comes from my current character, which is a master alchemist and craftsmen, and I always find myself running out of new cool stuff to build, and living dolls would be a great addition for a character with no magical talents whatsoever, who also happens to be a loner, untrusting of people, which prevents him from having allies in combat. At least, living human ones.

I do want to have something rare and specific needed to create each puppet, but can't put my finger on what. I was thinking perhaps a human heart, but as those seem to rare, without the addition of a mod that makes humans drop them, I am not sure what would be a good option here. I want to avoid magical things, like soul gems, so I'm a little torn. I also don't want it o be a highly useful alchemy ingredient, like Nirn Root. Requiem adds in lots of other hearts and this made me think that adding in hearts from different things would make the pupppet act very different. Bears would give them massive defense, and considerable attack, but make them sluggish and less aggressive, where as sabercats would make them fast, aggressive, and with insane attack, but rather low defense, and wolves, being the most common, would make them generally pretty weak on all fronts. Using human/elven hearts would make them into an actual 'follower' type enemy, that can speak, instead of a howling wooden beast. I also think 'scavanging' puppets would be a must, if one dies you should be able to loot it's body for whatever weapons/armor it had on, as well as small bits of wood/ingots.

I may try working on this some later at some point, but if anyone else thinks it's an interesting idea feel free to let me know and you can take over, or just help on the project if you want.