Modified Mesh doesn't have a texture!

scarycave

So, I've been playing around with modifying certain meshes in Blender, when I export them, I finally manage to get them to appear not as weird grey things that bounce around the screen - but as black silhouettes. I've tried to do stuff to fix it, but I'm really at a loss for what's going on here...the Uv's still appear to be mapped, the thing will have a texture in Nifskope, but in the game itself - it's completely black.

scarycave - Hello!

Have you checked the mesh's Shader settings?

It's in the BSSHaderPPLightingProperty, there's a setting called "Shader Type" that's usually set to:

SHADER_DEFAULT

There are some special meshes that use other settings there but that's the most common for ordinary items.

Also check "Shader Flags" below that, there can be many combinations selected here depending on what you're doing.

If in doubt with these, compare the settings to a vanilla model doing something similar.

Make sure you've got a NiMaterialProperty, that's where you set things like Alpha & Glossiness.

Missing Blocks can be added by right clicking on the NiTrStrip & selecting - Node - Attach Property - NiMaterialProperty.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

It worked perfectly. Thanks. :D

It looked like when I export from blender it turns off its alpha texture thing.

Now I can unleash 1000 years of darkness over the wasteland, as soon as I get my trait thing done - among other things.

I really got to stop trying to do so many things at once.

scarycave - Hello!

"It worked perfectly. Thanks."

Great! Glad to have helped. :)

"I really got to stop trying to do so many things at once."

That is a problem with modding, as soon as you learn a new trick you want to add it to your mod. :)

Best of luck!

Prensa