perma-blocky shadows

dblandford0002

My shadows were fine until I downloaded a mod, not sure which one. Now I've spent a few hours trying to fix the shadows with not a budge. (I made the mistake of not testing the mod after I downloaded it so I'm not even sure which mod screwed my shadows).

It seems they are just perma-fixed looking like blocks, not even tweaks with the .ini does anything, they're just not doing anything :(

I'm launching the game from NMM with SKSE, maybe if I tried re-checking the files through steam, or maybe even used the launcher.exe i might be able to make an improvement.

Any advice?

Launching the game through NMM has nothing to do with the servers. The only thing that the client has to do with the servers is connectivity, downloading, and updating. Anything else (activating, deactivating, launching the program and games, settings, adding games, etc) can be done. It wasn't two weeks ago that the Nexus was offline and you could still launch the game through it. If it was Steam, that would be a very different issue.

@ the OP: Look at your load order through BOSS and post them here, post your requirements, if you run ENB/SweetFX, and we'll go from there.

Edit: Further explanations.

Edited by pheo3309