New to Modding: Tips on Finding Scripts for Detection & Aggro

CaptainChaos

Hi! I have used mods for years but never had the courage to attempt to create any mods myself. I watched the RedMod tutorials and studied for a few hours, downloading Visual Studio Code and practicing creating a mod like the tutorial. I'm sure it's way more complicated than that, but I would like to try two ideas I have. The reason is, I love CP2077 but I feel like it's way too easy especially with Quick Hacks. I have two potential fixes:

1. The easier one, I believe? is my biggest gripe. You can QH someone from a block away with say Overheat, and they still don't know where you are or attempt to find you. Sometimes they try and hack your location but it never seems to work. My solution would be that any damage causing QHs immediately alert enemies and cause them to act hostile, not just search (sometimes they don't even do that). I'm not really sure what scripts control that, maybe detect or something, but or Var Threat or Var Detect or Player Hostile but obviously these are complicated trees drawing on other trees. I could really use a more direct hint if anyone knows what controls enemy AI detection and Aggro. I mean if you shoot them with a non-silenced weapon, they know you are there, I would like the same thing for Overheat, Contagion and Shock, etc.

2. The second one is more complicated, but I would like to make it more challenging to use QHs. With QHs you can slow time, and automatically "hit" your opponent. Even at 10th level I was regenerating RAM so quickly, I never ran out of Overheat attacks. I believe an interesting way to do that would be - if possible - compare levels and make it % chance for effect or some kind of reduction in damage. For instance, if I'm 10th level and they are 10th level, my QH attack only would have a 50% chance of affecting them or maybe only cause 50% damage. I mean, it's not a perfect fix, but it would lessen the effectiveness of such attacks, and make them more challenging and time consuming and expensive to spam for effect. And if I can implement #1 above, at least you would be under some pressure while trying it. Again, any hints how to approach this would be appreciated.

I can't find any more detailed guides after hours of searching. I thought maybe there would be SOMETHING out there that would at least explain where things (like detection, hostility) are generally, or how they are approximately related. Maybe I'm just too inexperienced to know how to search for this.

If you have some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.