[SSE] Help me find my stuff

gaoptimize

I did some due diligence to see if such a mod exists, and didn't find it.

Would it be possible for a Skyrim SE 1.5.97 mod to add a tree of locations (player houses mostly) with permanent storage containers (barrels, cabinets, chests, drawers, dressers, safes), and then a listing of all containers (allowing the player to name them in MCM) and then all items in them? It would be ideal if the root of this tree appeared at the end of the standard item menu and named "storage" or "stored items". I suspect that going through a ~10mbyte save file looking for all this might slow the item menu down a bit, so rather than "i" on the keyboard, maybe "ctrl i" to bring it up? Sorry about being a forgetful packrat (hoarder?).

I have over 800 mod plugins in my game, and it takes a LONG time to re-sort them all whenever I change anything. What you are envisioning -- if it is even possible to do -- would take a long time to generate. I suggest that you seek something that provides similar functionality to what you describe.

Search under the Player Homes category on Nexus Mods to see if there is a mod that is a basement mod that gives you the same basement for every player home your own (probably vanilla only). If you store your stuff in that basement, then you will be able to access it wherever you are if you go to your player home in the area.

There is a more ambitious option. You could add the mod 'Legacy of the Dragonborn' and its related patches. It makes accumulating stuff more purposeful and keeps track of the artifacts you collect. The mod positions shipping crates in handy locations around Skyrim. You deposit your finds in these crates and they are shipped to the museum in Solitude where you can have them made into displays or store them in your personal inventory in the player home that is included for no extra charge.

...another that I've linked in a targeted manner using Automatic Item Storage

This sounds like just the ticket. I'll just consolidate all my items in Skyfall Estate and use this for now. I've been informally doing this kind of as a feature of the mod for several containers anyway. -Thanks!

And regarding fish, and fish barrels in general: I wouldn't have a home without OUTSIDE containers.

Just for clarity, I don't think you can link resources in disparate locations using AIS, just cell wide. I tried linking some outdoor resources and storage to inside the player home for that "yard", but it didn't work. However, it's still been very useful. especially with the ability to link storage to crafting stations (most. I have a few player home custom stations like a loom and a churn that won't link up. food storage and the "cooker" works fine though, alchemy works fine too), and also for automatic offloading of storage container assigned items.

ex: suppose you wanted to store all your ores (and firewood, and whatever other smithing incidentals) in one container, and then link that container to all the nearby smithing stations.

1. Assign all the ore and ancillary "ingredients" to the storage container, (dropping a single item of each into the container when establishing the item link)
  2. Link the storage container to each tool in turn by selecting the storage container (double/triple tap, then navigating to the "link" command, fire it, and then use the station, whereupon you'll be asked if you want to link it. Do so. Then do the same for the other stations

Be forewarned that setting it all up takes a bit of patience, since there's so much linkage to be established. IMO, it was worth the investment of time.

Also note that starting a crafting session has to read the container database before opening the tool, so it can take a few seconds extra. (also worth it imo)

ex: I have pretty much every ingredient for alchemy and I "feed" player home alchemy table from a storage basket next to it. All of the vanilla, plus additions from the Bruma, Reach, and other addons plus a harvestable addon. Probably 200+ entries all told. All item-linked to the basket, and the basket in turn tool-linked to the alchemy station.

It takes about ~10 second to open the station once I click E

Also note that whatever is on your person can also be used, so if you have shared resource, like daedra hearts and you're unable to share them between the smith and potion tools using a single storage container, you can just carry on-person to either station and if needed they'll be used.