Farming mod

JulianJP

Hi,

First off, I would like to give Kudo's to all the modders out there, the scope and quality of your work is mind blowing. I'm a software developer, and have dabbled in graphic and 3d design, but I cannot begin to fathom the amount of work and effort that goes into some of these mods, and then to make them available to the public for free after all that effort is beyond me. thanks to you all!

I was thinking about a farming mod for fallout 3. I think that this is a feature that is somewhat missing, as I'm sure that in a post apocalyptic society subsistence farming will be one of the very first industries to pop up in the wasteland.

My idea for a mod would go something like this:

1. a couple of small farms or smallholdings tended by some NPC's OR a farm or smallholding that can act as a player's house.

2. The ability to grow and harvest some crops, and maybe even farming and milking some brahmin cows.

3. the harvested crops can be sold to trader caravans that stop by your farm every few days to "replenish" their trade goods.

4. The ability to put your followers to work in the fields, or to have a follower be a milk maid, lol.

5. Maybe a few mini quests that would allow the player to obtain certain crops/seeds for planting?

This is obvioulsy a lot of work, but could form the basis for a good mod that would allow for many enhancements in the future. A few future ideas I can think of at the moment is adding some NPC's as wasteland wanderers, they could follow similar routes as the trading caravans, and when reaching your farming settlement could pay you for accomodation for the night, kind of like a guest house operation. This could bring an economy aspect to Fallout 3.

Anyway, just an idea, use it, don't use it, personally I think it is a cool idea, cause after blowing sh*t up all day you may want to relax and grow a few crops, lol

Guest deleted934561

there is already a mod doing this it is very hard to find and this is the link but its only a demo sample of what it is http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4440

there is also a link to get the older one here http://fo3settler.webs.com/files/The_Settler_v82.rar

there you can farm and make your own town the only thing it don't do is let you have caravans yet or would you want to sell the food that your town is needing to survive?

so depending on how you micro manage your town lets you know if you can have surplus food to sell

I tried the mod and its nice but i have only 2 people in my "town" and not a lot of option.

Its just a tutorial and on the pics you can see a town with defense, house more people ect..

There is another version out or its still in test?

Guest deleted934561

baresark the first mod posted is just a sample and there is a beta in the works the second is a pre version you loose some things but you can have up to 4 people (that i found so far) the people are on the ship near grandma sparkels at wilhelms warf

that one you can start the farm and they work in it and set up a defence and all that

Archived