Request: using containers from multiple locations

Andythefreezer

Hi guys,

here is a new dumb request: i got a house in rivetcity, megaton, tenpenny tower, and a lot of other places, but in all houses there are just small bits of my equipments stored, and I think it would be great to have all stuff stored in all houses at the same time:

Basically it should work the following: a container you could add in GECK, that "updates" itself when i put something in it in megaton for example, then i travel to Rivetcity, and i can remove that object from the locker(crate,barrell whatever) in rivetcity? I hope you guys understand what i am trying to get here :D??

Sure, I think the script goes like this, I'd recommend attaching it to a terminal (result script), didn't work when I tried it with activators

"activate player

CONTAINERREF.activate"

Not really a dumb request btw, seems kind of useful, my video card's broken so I can't use the GECK so :/

This is how I would do it, I'm too lazy to actually do it so I'll just explain:

-Make a container with an empty mesh (a model that doesn't contain anything), drop it somewhere in any of your houses and give it an unique name.

-Make the containers you want for your houses (make copies of existing container types) and attach the following script to them:

scn sharedcontainerScript

begin onactivate player
InsertContainerNameHere.moveto player 0 0 0
InsertContainerNameHere.Activate player
end

Of course you would replace the InsertContainerNameHere with the unique name of your invisible container.

Archived