Light Step and Mine Timer?

HellFireXS

I should not suggest a script without actually testing it in game. My apologies for wasting your time.

After looking at the properties of frag mines I could see a minimum and maximum range attached to them: 500 min and 2000 max. So I changed the range in the warning script to the minimum 500 range and now it seems to work for me in the game. It plays the sound when I reach the 500 range, resets when I back off, and plays again when entering the 500 hundred range. The distance is a little farther than I had wanted, but the mine was still clearly visible when the sound played as long as the mine was placed in an area clear of visual obstructions.

Please give this a try and see if it works for you as well.

scn MineWarningSCRIPT

ref myself

short warning

Begin GameMode

set myself to GetSelf

if (player.GetDistance myself <= 500) && (warning == 0)

PlaySound QSTToneSequenceFail

set warning to 1

endif

if (player.GetDistance myself > 500) && (warning == 1)

set warning to 0

endif

end

Apparently the distance of 50 was just too short. I am really unsure what units are being used for distance in FO3. They are far too short for meters or feet, so they must be peculiar to this game.

Anyway, I hope the above altered script will work for you as well.

it seems your script does work, but only for the frag mine itself, not a pre placed one that is armed and hostile to the player. I copied a mine that was in a raider camp, already armed and placed it in megaton, and the script did not work. Does this have anything to do that those mines are ID'd MineFragProjectile and uses the WeapMineFrag as a default weapon?