loss of player control

AGMagyar

Help, somehow I have no control over my player, he can't walk or use a weapon after he draws it. I've tried using the command EnablePlayerControls and still cant get control of my player back, any help here would be greatly appreciated :confused:

No ability to move at all?

check your buffs. I've been locked up with severe disease in the past.

Also I may be wrong, but if you're seriously overburdened, you can stop dead (ie, you're effectively paralyzed) instead of just losing the ability to run (at least at low levels). Pretty sure that happened to me at least once a couple years ago, but that "understanding" might just be the ignorance of a newb player (I was newb when it happened)

all else fails: Punt and reload an earlier save.

Remember, holding a weapon slows you down. If you are really overencumbered, try using a bow, and moving while drawing it in sneak mode. That will sometimes allow you to move. I used this all of the time when I play a packrat character (which is almost always). Or, just dump a lot of stuff on Lydia...

If it is overburdening... (in addition to Leonidas's suggestion) ...

:pirate: :devil: :facepalm:

Or just cheat like us shameful cheater players do and

a) Bump up your carryweight using console commands (player.setyav carryweight N (to set the desired value) , or player.modav carryweight N (to add a value to your current carry weight), where N is the value (500, 5231, 20,001, etc). save after to make sure the change sticks

OR

b) Install one of many magic wearables (rings, necklace/amulets) that provides a boost to carryweight. The Expedition Necklace is one such mod. It adds 9000 carryweight.

OR

c) there is at least one magic-bags-of-holding mod that transforms anything placed into them, into weightless items for the duration of their stay in the bag. Maybe this one is the most "lore friendly" of the three, idk... in any case >>> Vidani's Bag of Holding