some help/advice .

RicoOcho

Hi..

I came here to ask for some help..I have not played skyrim in a few days..but when i tried to load the game to day, the game gets stuck on the loading screens..music plays but thats it

I had not played Skyrim in a few days..and yesterday i did upgrade my PSU on my pc but nothing melted and everything turned on so all is ok...Today i log in to nexus and see a few mods have updates..i went ahead and updated them.

When i go and try to play the game..it wont load.

Ive uninstalled set mods etc but nothing..

Ive done Resaver, Skyrim Reinstall, check for any updates (AMD and ENB had updates) but nothing

Ive tried every save file i can see and no avail.I dont wish to name the mods that i updated as i dont want to point blame...but its kind of deflating losing so many hours of gameplay

And a side note: I also noticed something..odd for lack of a better term

I noticed a certain new mod on the mod page.(again holding back the name)

I noticed it was..basically the same mod as one i have been using for a while..

The odd thing is..the mod that i have been using..is no longer installed on Vortex..

Is that a thing that happens?

thanks..

PS Please move this if this isnt the right area to post this..thanks again

try loading an earlier save file. Some loading crashes are due to broken save files. Save files sometimes are written in a broken state, since they contain information that upon loading will be not only invalid but will CTD the game.

Here I'll presume you tried loading that save more than once. Otherwise, try loading it again. Sometimes it hiccups on first try, especially when it's digesting new mod installations or other changes. (IME anyway)

Atop your computer hardware upgrades, did you also happen to install any mods recently? If so, that's a potential source for errors of this sort. Install mod, go to sleep or otherwise "walk away for a time" (before testing), eventually open game, game broken!!! wonder why....

try loading an earlier save file. Some loading crashes are due to broken save files. Save files sometimes are written in a broken state, since they contain information that upon loading will be not only invalid but will CTD the game.

Here I'll presume you tried loading that save more than once. Otherwise, try loading it again. Sometimes it hiccups on first try, especially when it's digesting new mod installations or other changes. (IME anyway)

Atop your computer hardware upgrades, did you also happen to install any mods recently? If so, that's a potential source for errors of this sort. Install mod, go to sleep or otherwise "walk away for a time" (before testing), eventually open game, game broken!!! wonder why....

Hello

Yes i have tried installing from multiple earlier save files and nothing..and outside of todays update, the last time i downloaded/installed mods was about 1-2 weeks ago...at the time the game was loading and working awesomely..i also just tried dissabling mods ive installed in the last 2 weeks or so and also nothing..starting a new game works fine..but thats it

If starting a new game produces a working game, then something's working correctly. (In general, it'd be considered an indication that the likely problem isn't coming from the mods themselves)

Sometimes, uninstalling a mod causes this, or in-game glitches happen while playing that cause any save created afterwards corrupted. And even when these files are only "slightly" corrupted and can be successfully opened, future saves based on this save vector will also be corrupted, and often times, badly enough they can't be opened. Based on what little I know, (you said you can start a new game just fine) this is your situation.

My guess is that you'll have to either go as far back in your save line to find a working save file, or use a new game.

Sorry, I don't mean to be "discouraging", just practical. We jam pack the game with all sorts of addons and sometimes stuff breaks. When it happens to me I lose maybe a couple sessions, or worst case a level or two. It's not the end of the world (although yeah it sucks. Nothing like spending 4 or 5 hours roaming all over up in the mountains, expanding known ground and finding new points of interest - the tree icons), only to have the entire experience wiped as if you ever did it, by some freaking glitch) << funny thing is, for me, it's often the very most enjoyable sessions too. Oh well roll widda punchez