F4SE error message Couldn't read arguements

YourMuse

I still claim from your description, your dashboard shortcut is fubar even if it looks right.

Humor me - select the edit option, then the browse button. Navigate to the F4SE executable and select it.

Now try.

Vortex does not do anything with these dashboard shortcuts; it is literally the same as a shortcut you put on the desktop.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying I did.

I have set the link for F4SE to the executable, made it primary and tried to launch with vortex.

This is the target: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\f4se_loader.exe

It still gave me the error: couldn't read arguements

Someone suggested I try launching it from the F4SE launch directly and see if it worked with vortex closed. IT WORKED, the game started up.

So I created a shortcut from the F4SE to my desktop and left vortex open to see if the mods would work and launched the game, YES...the mods work, as if I had launched it from within vortex.

So, no, I have never set the launch for the game from a shortcut....that would be silly.

I don't know what caused this error in vortex, it just started the day after I installed it and played the game fine the day before launched it within vortex like always.

I've tried everything to resolve the error including looking for this F4SE.log file that vortex is looking for. I deleted nothing, made no changes except to move my appdata folder to the other drive, which has nothing to do with the F4SE.log file it couldn't find.

The only difference now is I just use my F4SE shortcut with vortex open and it works like it did before, mods work, game works...

I just can't launch it within vortex since that error still shows up. Don't know how to fix it unless I could create the F4SE.log file and place it in the folder Vortex is looking for it at or some how find it and copy/paste. It's an error Ive never seen before.

So, now I know it's not F4SE that isn't working, it's Vortex that can't find the F4SE.log file.

Well the only thing I have to add is that Vortex does not need to be running to run Fallout 4 with your mods.

Once you have Deployed, you can stop Vortex and never run it again unless you want to add more mods or change Profiles.

Just use your desktop shortcut.