EXP Sharing vs killing blow getting EXP

RileyWulf

Know I've posted a lot recently - I haven't really modded before so I'm trying to figure out what I'd be capable of doing and what I couldn't.

I realized that it was a bit strange that only the soldier that killed an enemy got EXP even if someone else shot at it. I'm not sure how possible it would be to have people gain EXP (maybe based on damage they did?) separately for shooting at an enemy, chances are not very easy but I thought I'd ask. The easiest way I can think of to compare this to is with Pokemon, if one so much as fights, they get EXP, if you switch and attack, that one gets EXP too.

Also a side question - how hard would it be to make Reaper Rounds feel useful? For example, would it be possible to make it higher chance to destroy cover or something?

Thanks!

This is the chain of functions called in order for kills to result in XP earned:

XComGame: (XGUnit.TakeSplashDamage) --> XGUnit.TakeDirectDamage --> XGUnit.RecordKill --> XGCharacter_Soldier.AddXPXGCharacter_Soldier.AddXP

In addition to this mission bonus is calculated when mission end in function XGBattle.AdditionalBonuses

From the looks of it, it seems relatively straight forward to call AddXP every time an enemy is wounded instead of killed and fully possible to store all XP in a variable and divide equally at the end of the mission.