Making a patch, multiple mod support

Valykry

[solved]

Long story short, I'm making a patch for a Race Replacer mod. As you may imagine, any race replacer mod is not going to play nicely with any other mod that checks race, and there are several.

The goal is to essentially make an "all-in-one" patch that covers multiple (not going to kid myself by saying "all") mods, making them play nicely with the new race.

Now the problem. Only installing what is needed.

I COULD install the patch for all mods, even if someone isn't using all of them. As long as there aren't conflicts, there will just be unnecessary data clogging things up. But I'd like to avoid this.

I've seen some mods that, once installed, check for the existence of other mods and install parts based on what it finds. Or alternatively (and possibly better) when installing, provide check boxes regarding what mods it covers and allows the user to choose the installed patches, so if the mod isn't installed "yet", it will provide the fix when it is?

Is there a simple way to do this? To have it go down a list of mods, check if it is installed, and install parts based on what it finds?

If not, I may just have to make multiple esp's, one for each individual mod it should play nice with.

[Edit] After a bit of tooling around, I managed to determine the mods that did this all had a specific XML file in a FOmod folder, and reverse engineered one to work as needed.

Edited by Valykry