Interiors are too damn dark! -- No ENBs, tried most mods

powderdjedi433

Okay, here's the dealio...

Fireplaces, bracketed torches (meaning ones I can't pick up), nord braziers in ruins, and pretty much 100% of all static fire/light sources don't produce ANY light at all, or so little that it's unnoticable unless I'm standing literally right next to it -- then it'll cast a very, very faint, pale sheen of a vaguely lighter color across my character but nothing else.

I've tried Climates of Tamriel.

I've tried Realistic Lighting Overhaul.

ColorfulLightsNoShadows SEEMED to work but then stopped working for some reason.

Not really sure what's going on here, or why it's happening, but it's happening and it sucks. Everything is too damn dark.

For the record, Realistic Lighting Overhaul's "brighter nights" doesn't work either, and actually seemed to have made night time DARKER. Which is kind of the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

I don't use any form of ENB, and I have shadows turned completely off for the sake of performance.

Any assistance here would be awesome, been trying to fix this for a couple weeks now. I'll post pics in a bit of what I mean.

Realistic Lighting Overhaul's "brighter nights" is supposed to make the nights darker than vanilla, but lighter than the default RLO nights.

As for your issues, it seems to be your settings that are wrong. Try deleting your ini files in the "My Games" folder, and see if that fixes the issue.-

Well, what do you have installed? That's seriously odd if it is. I'm actually trying to make things darker because everything is too bright. And just for the record, maybe your in-game brightness setting is set to low? Anything lower than half is crazy as it dims the lighting. Or maybe the monitor brightness?