Possibility of a Sims 3 Section?

KenshiSan

I'm wondering what the possibility that Nexus will make a Sims 3 site/forum section. Sims has always been a highly modded series and i always feel more comfortable with mods from Nexus than any other group. Not to mention, Nexus always makes gaming better. xD

so what do you guys think?

I'm wondering what the possibility that Nexus will make a Sims 3 site/forum section. Sims has always been a highly modded series and i always feel more comfortable with mods from Nexus than any other group. Not to mention, Nexus always makes gaming better. xD

so what do you guys think?

Up to the powers that be for this one.

However, I would be temped to suggest that this is a bad idea. There are already LOTS of The Sims fansites, and many of them with their own downloads sections. The sims community has always been geared more toward the content (clothing, furniture, houses) than gameplay changes/additions. Being that, the current setup for uploads and downloads is not really suited towards this kind of thing. Also, since not much is known about how user content will work with the game yet, it would be premature to even consider what would need to be put in place. Furthermore, between the current issues with trolls, and how some content might not be geared around the ideals of what a 13 year old boy would consider good, doing something like this would probably be ill advised. There doesn't be much interest among forum staff for this game either.

Ultimately, like every other potential modding site, the way that downloaded content is managed, shared, and created will dictate alot on what can be done. Although the game "will" be modded, it is not entirely clear about what "can" be modded. Most of the community will end up clustering around whatever modding tools are made anyway.

i've been playing the game since it came out on the 2nd and i noticed there are already a couple of mods running around. Mostly anti-mosaic mods @_@... but it just got me thinking of all the potential mods that could be made. If the staff is anti-sims its understandable though. The Sims franchise has never really been geared to contain any kind of real plot or content. I remember sims 1 was little more than autocad for dummies with a flare of playing god. like you said before the vast majority of mods are clothes and apparel, i was interested in seeing what Nexus could bring to the table to enhance the gaming experience. not to mention, like with all sims games, the starter game is kinda generic and in need of an insta-expansion.

Edit:

on the bright side i cant wait to see what is in store for this game. the facial customization of the characters is pretty good already. also it seems to run alot like the old sims games as far as DLC and its vary similar to Fallout 3. they have a folder that all you have to do is drop the mod and it seems to incorporate it. it doesn't even seem to need an archive invalidation list

actually not impressed with the game. It has some major improvements from the Sims 2, but really am waiting for the modders to think of something else. I still will always love my modders from MW, OB and Fallout. It's a good game, and the design tool is to drool after. Miss my Sim City and my Morrowind though. Perhaps I'm too old?

SimsNexus?

I don't think so.

Sims 3 sub forum?

Maybe.

There's already dozens of places much more qualified to deal with anything that would come up there. Even MTS2 community seems to be continuing with TS3 stuff. Why add even more discussion boards to confuse and separate the community?

As modding goes, as best I can tell, there aren't any user-end tools yet, so right now it's mostly just those people who can pour over raw code who are doing anything. Additionally, the way creations are handled, it's almost as if EA wanted to prevent any significant custom content from even being made... So that people will have to buy from their own store. Yet another reason not to buy anything EA ever again.

well i have been playing it now for 3 days and all i can say its alot better than the sims 2 loads up in 10 sec after the video you cant skip....

very good game 9 / 10 from me :)

well i have been playing it now for 3 days and all i can say its alot better than the sims 2 loads up in 10 sec after the video you cant skip....

very good game 9 / 10 from me :)

I doubt those results are typical, especially with those of us which have slightly outdated systems (just slightly above minimum spec). EA games always have multiple loading screens where you end up having to sit there for 3-5 minutes. Even Sims 2 was taking several minutes to load the CAS, and this computer runs Oblivion rather well.

As for the comparison, are you going from a standpoint of the base Sims 2 game, which was really lacking, or from the standpoint of Sims 2 plus a number of expansions (4 or 5). From what I've been reading, the only part of the game which seems to have any depth at all is gardening or being able to walk around town. Everything else is kinda a downgrade from Sims 2.

Archived