Fallout Mod set in Australia

TunnelSnakes4lyf

I watched Mad Max 2 the other night.

Those guys are pretty much dressed exactly the same as the raiders in the game, they even have the same damned hairstyles ffs.

Besides, there isn't an Victorian alive who wouldn't like to see a nuke dropped on Sydney, ey?

Fast travel would be interesting in the Mad Max Interceptor.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad-max-interceptor/images/InterceptorSide.jpg

I'm not suggesting a Mad Max ripoff, but this did give me the idea to look at a similar concept.

Australia has a rather small population governing a huge chunk of land rich with massive amounts of resources, neccessary for industry and farming. Oil, coal, natural gas, uranium, iron, copper, etc. Most of the places these resources are located are far from major cities, which would suggest they could potentially survive the war even if massively underutilized in the following chaos of a nuclear war.

Cities like Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane would be obliterated, but the outer suburbs and towns would survive albeit massively irradiated. Due to these factors, you could easily see civilization fracturing much like the Mad Max movies, the few towns and productive areas that survive under constant attack from raiders based in large camps or old military compounds.

I think this would make for an interesting sandbox to build a great Fallout modification. I'm just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts, ideas or opinions on this particular tangent as I'm seriously considering taking up Fallout modding as my new hobby, I had loads of fun with the Morrowind Editor back in the day.

I think you should use GTS to make this happen.

The Fallout 3 GECK not too far different from the Morrowind editor. I think you'll find some of the features in GECK are those you wished Morrowind CS had back in the day.

Who knows, you might even end up modding the game more than playing it. :)

I think that the Fallout series was heavily influenced by Mad Max 2. In the first Fallout it is implied that Dogmeat is Max's blue heeler.

It would be great if someone with modelling skills could make a replica of Max's Falcon. This is the best that I could do with what is in the game:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1244261808.jpg

BTW, the calendar in the background is Karen Price. The same pic was pasted onto the gyrocopter in MM2.

• 2 months later...

I was talking to a mate about FO3 today and we kind of came to the conclusion that the gyrocopter might be a little more in keeping with FO3 (unless someone can take on creating the full Australian environment). It's small, relatively low tech and was something that was around at the tmie (according to some) that the fallout universe diverged.

It's not humungously powered, but would let you get to some of the clifftop areas pretty easily as well as give you more ability to avoid random encounters (unless they are projectile weapon armed and shoot you down).

I'm a complete noob but this might be a good thing to tinker with. Can anyone point me to existing vehicle mods that have some explanation about how they were created?

I'm thinking a few changes to the enlave copters might be effective.