Animations for Hypothermia and Frostfall (freezing animations)

feanorelessar

You can say i am complaining but there is something in Skyrim that i can not name it properly. Even with Frostfall and Wet and Cold mods, i do not feel the harsh environment of Skyrim completely, I dont feel cold at all. Then i realised its from the lack of animations of the game.

Exposing Hypothermia in Frostfall just make the screen blurry and start losing your health. And the way of dying from hypothermia is like as if you are dying from a swordfight. Everything seems to me just cosmetic, for visuality.

If you have played Morrowind, you will remember that in the Red Mountain, player was raising his hand to cover his face from Ash Storms. It is simple but huge touch for game athmosphere.

What am I asking: Hypotermia Animations can be done ??? Raising hands to cover the face from blizzard, snow storms; Rubbing arms and hands when exposing cold, start freezing when body tempeture decreased...

These are small touches but I am definitely sure they will double the athmosphere and feeling of Skyrim's harsh environment, add more depths to feeling and characterizing the player. Because without these, our guy just can stand still like a wood in the middle of the Blizzard without clothes and do nothing, and nothing happens too. Only some values showing that you're losing health.(for Frostfall)

If these animations can be implemented with Frostfall mod, then we can get the perfect survival depth.

Note: Chesko also replied to me that if an animator is willing to do this and work with him, he will gladly appreciate.

Although this is a good idea, custom animations are really annoying to put into the game. The only way to do it without using an external plugin (FNIS) is by replacing an existing animation. I am not sure of the limitations of FNIS as I have never used it, but it could be possible if someone is willing to put the work in to make the animations and get it to work in game.

Good Luck!

Although this is a good idea, custom animations are really annoying to put into the game. The only way to do it without using an external plugin (FNIS) is by replacing an existing animation. I am not sure of the limitations of FNIS as I have never used it, but it could be possible if someone is willing to put the work in to make the animations and get it to work in game.

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Thanks for your opinion. I am not an animator so I can not do this, I am just trying to inspire an idea to the people who are able to do animations. It can really give you the real feeling of Skyrim. You would have felt the cold if you had seen npcs and player were chilling, rubbing his/her arms.

I don't know the technical stuff but if you consider that even in Morrowind there was a such simple animation (raising hand), doing these in Skyrim shouldn't be that much hard.

It is a "must" for survival mods, put more dephs to the game. 2 years passed, millions of mod came out but i wonder why nobody (both bethesda and modders) hasnt even considered this so far.

She's not saying it's not possible, it just that doing at the right time would be hard. I don't know abiut you, but if I'm freezing I want to get to shelter as fast as I can, not have the game force me to 'freeze'