Back into Skyrim, currently on 1.5.97 and Afraid of Upgrading

DonoVanquish

Hi everyone,

I haven't touched skyrim since the anniversary update was announced (actually coincidental, my PC died and I needed to reinstall windows to fix, after that I essentially forgot lol). I still have version 1.5.97 and I really intend to play Requiem as it was my favourite skyrim experience. I noticed that Requiem for SE exists and persists to the anniversary edition (patch 1.6+, I haven't paid for the actual anniversary edition). I also noticed that they have earlier versions which can work with patch 1.5.97 (according to this post).

What my concern is whether other mods will still work with Skyrim in patch 1.6+. It seems wise to me to upgrade to 1.6+ since that is the version of requiem which is maintained and official. Here is a list of some of my favourite mods that I intend to use:

1. Alternate Start
  2. a quality world map
  3. Campfire
  4. Frostfall
  5. iNeed - Food, Water and Sleep

So I have these specific mods I'd like to use which I could study one-by-one with some testing to see if they work, however, can I expect that most mods will continue to work or did most break? e.g., if it hasn't been updated post 1.6 should I expect the mod to be broken.

Thanks in advance!

Almost every mod that does not have a .dll dependent upon SKSE should work ok. For the SKSE-based mods, (and there are quite a few older ones you might want to keep) there is a wiki for which mods have been updated, and for which versions of SE/AE ( https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins ). I think that the wiki is not updated much recently, so add a few mods at a time, save your game, and add a few more, then start a new game.