Textures lit up in darkness

The textures on the body do not react to lighting changes properly. You can see part of a keg and the shield on his back are very dark. I haven't been able to find advice to fix this anywhere.

Edit;

The only info I have involves Nifskope, and some texture setting on the mesh. Unfortunately, there isn't enough detail to know exactly what to do. Just a mention that it was resolved.

Here is a better example of my issue;

My entire character should be dark.

Edited by ReverendFelix

Honestly, texturing is not my Nifskope area of expertise. I'm much better with manipulating meshes with it. But this doesn't look right to me;

One of the meshes has normal ambient shading in game, plus the issue. I was planning to use it for comparison with a mesh, but like I said, not really confident about this stuff yet. So here I go... learning more!

Edited by ReverendFelix

Nope, no glow. I have been focusing on one piece, studying it's properties. But I really am just staring at numbers I don't understand.

The pieces in question is a free resource, and I'm currently at a loss. Here's one if you want to take a look;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OW5v5-6E-svbCNcLVw68umPG74tjIQgT/view?usp=share_link

yeah then i'm out of ideas.

if it was the 3ds max niftools shader from the unofficial nif exporter, i assume it would be the whole mesh that's affected... but could be that some parts of the mesh use the shader, not sure it's possible to use without getting a "glow" bug or if it's fixable with nifskope.

i'll try to set the same flags in nifskope like on a working mesh, but doubt it will work.

edit: can't replicate the problems with the niftools shader of the niftools exporter for newer versions of 3ds max i had on my old windows install. not sure if its a different version, different settings or whatever.

edit2: ok it seams that the niftools shader doesn't work on skinned meshes, which could explain your armor, maybe the parts that "glow" are skinned and the others are not. see attachment, will update after flag testing.

Edited by FIMzzZzz